A Knot ✔

By Dharani17

Highest Ranking - 1st in RagLak on 13th November 2020 1st in RagYa on 10th June 2020 A Tale of Two People INT... More

~1~
~2~
~3~
~4~
~5~
~6~
~7~
~8~
~9~
~10~
~11~
~12~
~13~
~14~
~15~
~16~
~17~
~18~
~19~
~20~
~21~
~22~
~23~
~24~
~25~
~26~
~27~
~28~
~29~
~30~
~31~
~32~
~33~
~34~
~35~
~36~
~37~
~38~
~39~
~40~
~41~
~42~
~43~
~44~
~45~
~46~
~47~
~48~
~49~
~50~
~51~
~52~
~53~
~55~
~56~
~57~
~58~
~59~
~60~
~61~
~62~
~63~
~64~
~65~
~66~
~67~
~68~
~69~
~70~ (Last)

~54~

338 41 3
By Dharani17

Namaskaram 🙏

Date of Update: 13.01.2022

****

Author’s POV

He hears his phone ringing when he is changing. He immediately rushes towards his phone which is on the bed side table. He snatches the phone before Ragini could take the phone. It’s been ten days since Laksh has contacted Nitya for Ragini’s health condition. There weren’t much changes in Ragini. But she has accepted to teach music to Mrs. Sharma’s grand daughter and the classes are going on. Also she has been responding a bit compared to before.

“Yeah! I will try Nitya.” Laksh says sighing and cuts the call.

He enters inside the room from balcony after talking to Nitya who has asked him to try to get Ragini along with him.

“Who is in the phone?” Ragini asked frowning.

Laksh looked surprised hearing her. But he got worried.

“It’s Ronak!” he said not looking at her.

It was the same answer he had told her the last three days when the phone rang at that odd time of night. She frowned but nodded. She has known he is lying to her all the time. But she didn’t understand why is he doing that. She has seen the contact id every time but he didn’t observe that. She also knew that if it is Ronak he doesn’t have any need to snatch his phone from her every time she tried to take the call. Ragini’s eyes turned teary. She sat on the bed like everyday while Laksh moved out of the room taking his car keys. Hearing the sound of car keys Ragini looked that side. She wiped her tears that flew from her eyes and ran out of the room. She looked at him who got into the car. She immediately rushed out of the house, grabbed the keys from the watchman and followed Laksh.

It’s been twenty days she had actually drove the car. She had nothing in her mind in all these days except the loss that has happened to her. Her Baby! But since three days Laksh’s behaviour has made her to divert her mind at times and think of his strange behaviour. Today she felt ignored when he went not even telling her that he is going out. She was hurt when she understood that he is lying and hiding something from her. She frowned seeing him stopping near a house which is completely unfamiliar to her. She waited till he left inside and went near the house. She also entered inside looking for him. She heard his voice and peeped into the house.

“Nothing is working! NOTHING!” He said restlessly.

“Laksh!” Nitya tried to speak.

“You told right this will help. Then why it isn’t helping? Why isn’t there any progress in her health?” he asks anxiously.

“Laksh! Calm down!” Nitya speaks.

“Calm down! You want me to calm down? There my wife is suffering. I can’t see her like that. It’s been twenty days she has been lifelessly living her life. I have to use different methods to just give her medicines, I have to hide things from her. Why? Why is it happening to us?” he asks breaking into tears at the end.

Ragini is looking at him with teary eyes. Nitya stayed calm letting him cry as she has always seen him strong. In these ten days she never saw him breaking down. But today he did. She knows he has been bulking up all the pain inside him. Laksh calmed down after few minutes. Nitya still kept waiting patiently.

“I was about to get caught last night when I was mixing medicines in her juice. I don’t know how would she react if she gets to know that I was doing things secretly. I am scared Nitya!” he says wiping off his face.

“Let her know Laksh!” Nitya says.

“She will not take medicine Nitya. I have struggled for three days at the beginning. She didn’t budge to take them. That is the reason why I had to hide things from her. Otherwise why would I even hide things from her?” Laksh says.

“You should try Laksh. You have to try till you succeed. It’s not just her you are also effected. You also need her.” Nitya says.

Laksh was about to speak when they heard sobbing sounds. Both of them looked towards the direction of sound and got shocked. Laksh stood up and about to move towards Ragini but she herself ran towards him and hugged him tight sobbing in his embrace. He hugged her back tight letting his tears flow. It’s been twenty days they both hugged each other. He held her so tight that if he leaves her she would go away leaving him. After few minutes he could hear her sniffing. He wiped off his tears and broke the hug. She is still sniffing looking down.

“Hey! Wifey!” he called her cupping her face and making her look at him.

“I am sorry!” She spoke softly looking at him.

He just joined his forehead with hers letting his tears again. Her tears flew again. Nitya is smiling adoring them.

“I am bad!” She spoke as she pout a little.

He chuckled lightly and hugged her again tight.

“I Love You!” he whispered.

“I Love You too!” she whispered hugging him tight.

She broke the hug and looked at him.

“I am bad!” she says again.

“Yes! Very bad!” he says looking at her holding her hands.

“I am not making jokes!” she said seriously.

“Neither I am!” he says.

“Lakshhh!” she whined.

“Raginiii!” he whined like her.

Her eyes turned teary again. He hugged her again.

“It’s okay my bacha! It’s okay!” he consoled her.

“How did you manage? Losing our baby, then my condition? How did you Laksh?” she asked looking at him with teary eyes still from his embrace.

“I had to! For YOU! For US!” He said joining his forehead with hers.

She just kept staring him lovingly.

“Well I would like to take compensation from you for all these twenty days.” He said.

“What?” she asked confused.

“You will first have to take therapies from Nitya. Then I will tell what is the compensation!” he said.

She nodded yes. He smiled and kissed her forehead lovingly. She closed her eyes feeling his love. He smiled seeing her. They broke the hug and looked back at Nitya who is smiling. Laksh smiled at her side hugging Ragini.

“Hi Ragini! I am Nitya, Laksh’s schoolmate!” Nitya introduced herself to Ragini.

“Hi Nitya!” Ragini responded.

Nitya signed them to sit. They got settled.

“I know you lost your baby and it isn’t something you would forget easily. But you have to move on. Life should go on. You have to try your best to move on. Laksh, Ragini first thing is you both first try to change the atmosphere around. If possible go for a small vacation.” Nitya says.

“I have a competition in ten days.” Ragini speaks immediately.

“Let’s go stay with Shekhar papa and Janu ma for few days.” Laksh speaks.

Ragini looks at him lovingly. She then nods. Nitya smiles.

“Done! Go on with the plan then. And both of you will not skip the medicines! Well do not take the medicine that you are taking after dinner and try to sleep.” Nitya explains.

“Medicines for you also?” Ragini asked worried looking at Laksh.

Laksh just took her into his embrace.

“He isn’t in any less worst condition than you Ragini. He just tried to live for you, for your family.” Nitya spoke.

Ragini’s grip around Laksh tightened.

“Hey Wifey!” he cupped her face.

But she hid her face in his chest and sobbed. He sighed and caressed her hair.

“Shhh! Calm down bacha! Everything will be fine soon.” He consoles her.

“I am sorry!” she whispers again.

He shakes his head as no making her look at him. Ragini composed herself after few minutes. Later Nitya had given some instructions of how they have to try to overcome their sorrow and medications. They left home after sometime.

****

Laksh is caressing Ragini’s hair who is laying on his chest holding his shirt tight. He is just staring her while she is staring him. Both of them are just feeling each other after many days.

“I missed you!” Laksh said looking into her eyes.

Ragini’s eyes turned teary and she hid her face again in his chest. Laksh sighed and hugged her.

“But why did she leave us before even coming to us?” Ragini asked sniffing.

Laksh looked at her.

“Might be she wants to come to us later. Might be she is saying Mumma, Papa you both have to wait for me for some more time. Till then enjoy your life because once I come you have to love only me and you will not have time for both of yourselves!” he says.

“You won’t love me like this once we get a baby in future?” Ragini asked pouting.

Laksh smiles.

“I will Love you more than now. But you know see secretly. I don’t want our children to get jealous of you.” He says.

Ragini giggles lightly making him smile wider.

“You don’t know how much I missed this smile of yours.” He says caressing her cheek.

“Sorry!” She whispers again.

“You are not at fault!” he says joining his forehead with hers.

She raises her head and kisses his forehead lovingly making him smile happily.

“I Love You Laksh!” she says looking at him.

“I Love You more!” he whispers.

“No doubt!” she says smiling.

He smiles pulling her more close.

“Let’s try to sleep!” he says.

She just hums and closes her eyes hearing his heartbeat. Soon both of them fell asleep in each other’s embrace after many days peacefully.

****

“I am sorry ma. I troubled you all a lot no!” Ragini asks holding Ap’s hands.

Ap shook her head smiling and hugged her tight.

“You don’t know how much I missed you calling me ma!” Ap said caressing her cheek.

Ragini smiled. Dp caressed Ragini’s hair lovingly.

“Your smile not only gives happiness to Laksh but also to your ma and me. Keep smiling bacha!” Dp says.

Ragini smiles wider and hugs him. He smiles caressing her hair. Laksh and Ap smile seeing them.

“Both of you take care. Have medicines on time!” Dp said as Ragini broke the hug.

“Ma take care of papa and yourself too. Papa take care of ma and yourself too.” Ragini said looking at them simultaneously.

“Wow! Nice way of telling to take care of each other!” Dp said.

Ragini giggled. This made all of them feel very much light in their heart and all of them smiled whole heartedly. Laksh just took her into his embrace. Ragini smiled and hugged him back.

“Chalo beta it’s breakfast time. Once you have breakfast you can go and surprise your parents too.” Ap said.

Ragini nodded.

“Ma, papa you also come and stay with us no!” Ragini spoke suddenly while having breakfast.

Ap and Dp looked at her. Dp smiled.

“Pakka! But we will come tomorrow bacha. Today you go. And yes we will stay for just two days since I have missed you so much. I don’t want to miss you anymore. You guys stay how much you want to, there and come back.” Dp spoke.

Ragini smiled brightly and nodded yes. All smiled seeing her. After breakfast both RagLak moved out of the house.

“Laksh!” Ragini called him as they are putting the bags in the car.

“Haan babu!” he responded looking at her.

She smiled hearing him. He started calling her Babu, Bacha suddenly. And she liked them as much as she liked him calling her Wifey.

“May I drive? Please!” she pleaded with puppy face.

He couldn’t help but smile brighter seeing that cute puppy face. He nodded happily.

“I will just inform driver bhayya to get the other car from Nitya’s house and come then we will leave.” He said.

She nodded smiling brightly. He left. Ragini’s smile faded. She held her hand on her belly.

“I am not forgetting you baby. I swear I Love You! But mumma has to move on. Not just for herself but also for papa, nanu, nani, mamu, dadu and dadi. If mumma keeps missing you they all also will be sad. I Love You baby! I Love You so much!” she wiped off her tears that flew from her eyes and took driving seat waiting for Laksh.

Laksh got into the passenger beside driving seat and looked at her.

“Let’s go!” he said.

She nodded and started the car. As they are on the way Laksh’s phone rang. He took the call.

“Hello Ronak!”

“I sent something for you on WhatsApp. Look into it and inform me in ten minutes.” Saying he just cut the call.

Laksh rolled his eyes. He opened his WhatsApp.

“Making An Environmental friendly Ganesh by yourself! For joining contact: xxxxxxxxxx by 5.30 pm on xx.xx.xxxx.” Laksh read the online pamphlet that has been sent by Ronak.

“We are joining!” Ragini said suddenly.

Laksh looked at her surprised but then smiled. He immediately called to Ronak.

“We are in!” he says immediately.

Ronak gets happy.

“I will enrol both of your names along with mine and Nitya!” Ronak says.

“Nitya and You?” Laksh asked frowning.

“Haan! Is there any wrong?” Ronak asked.

“Arey nothing. Carry on. Bye!” Laksh says and cuts the call.

Ragini smiles understanding what Laksh is thinking.

“Well they would look really good together!” Ragini says smiling.

Laksh chuckles nodding.

Author’s POV ends.

*****

Thank You for reading.

With Love
Dharani (Dhaరणि)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

533K 29.2K 103
This story is about four brothers and four sisters. How the Maheshwari brothers ends up falling in love with the Gadodia sisters and vice versa? Yo...
7K 475 8
Falling in Love A New Page in their Story Laksh and Swara's marriage day. From the time when everyone gets to know that Swara is missing. Wi...
SHIKWA (✔) By ~

Fanfiction

57.7K 4.8K 20
'If you don't clear your misunderstandings in time, they become the reason for distance forever.' 'Beware of the half truth. You may have gotten hold...
61K 4.9K 23
A fun filled love story of raglak... U want to know? Just get in...