170

Colby's POV

"Alright, are we all set for tomorrow?" I asked as Olivia giggled and smiled up at me, holding a roll of streamers out for me to take. "Thank you, Livvy." I said with a chuckle as I took it from her.

"Yep. Kat is gonna pick up the cake, the producers said the show is ready to launch. All we need is Cora." Sam said as Mia came skipping into the room. "Hi daddy." She chirped as I pulled Olivia into my lap.

"Hi, princess. Are you done with your homework?" I asked as she nodded dramatically. "I'm really good at math, daddy. Do you think mommy will be proud?" She asked and plopped onto the ground next to us.

"I think she's going to be very proud of you." I said then leaned over and kissed her head. "When does she come home?" Mia asked as Olivia grabbed a handful of my shirt.

"Hmm. Tomorrow." I said and looked at my fake watch as Mia gasped. "Really?!" She squealed as Sam chuckled and stood up.

"Really." I confirmed as brought her hands to her cheeks. "Oh I miss her so much!" She said as I nodded. "I do too, sweetheart." I said then stood up with Olivia in my arms.

Cora has been doing much better according to Amanda. She would still have off days, but she hasn't had a suicidal thought in a week and a half. She was making so much progress that they decided she could come home just in time for her birthday.

I was a little nervous bringing her home then immediately rushing into a party with a lot of people but she knew it was going to happen so they have been preparing her for it.

I was just so damn proud of her.

"Alright, man. I'm gonna head out. You need anything before I go?" Sam asked as he put his hand on Mia's head. "No, I think we're good. Thanks dude." I said as Mia turned to give him a hug.

"Bye Sammyyyyyy!" Mia sang as Olivia giggled and hit my chest. "Bye Miiiiiiaaa." Sam sang back as he hugged her. I couldn't help the smile that bloomed on my face as I watched the two of them.

It made my heart so happy knowing Sam and Mia had such a strong relationship.

Once Sam left Mia turned to me. "We have to make the cookies." She said with a straight face as I put Olivia in her highchair. "Oh yeah, for mommy right?" I asked as Olivia banged her hands on the tray in front of her.

"Yeah! With chocolate chippys." Mia said and sat at the table. "We can definitely do that." I said and grabbed a jar of baby food for Olivia. "Does mommy have a Halloween costume?" Mia asked as I started to feed Olivia.

"I don't think she does. Did you want to get her one?" I asked and reached for the bunch of bananas, plucking one off so I could give it to Mia. "Yeah! Can we please get her one!?" She asked excited as Olivia giggled and slapped the tray in front of her again.

"Dada." She said as I got another spoonful of food. "I hear ya, kid." I said then fed her. "We can get mommy a costume and make her cookies tonight. Do you wanna hang out with papa for a little bit?" I asked as Mia gasped.

"Yes!! Please!" She said as I nodded. "I'm sure he won't mind." I said as Olivia waved her arms around happily.

Once the girls were done eat I cleaned the kitchen up then got them ready to go to the store. I had called Cora's dad asking if we could come over after so we could discuss the details for tomorrow.

"Alright, ready princess?" I asked as I hiked Olivia up on my hip. "Yep! Let's goooo!" Mia sang as she skipped towards the door.

I put on Disney music as we drove the Halloween store. I didn't know what costume Mia had in mind for Cora but it made me happy that she wanted to make sure she was included in Halloween after being gone for so long.