158

Trigger warning on this chapter.

"Do gamma and gampa have to go?" Mia asked as we drove to the airport. "Yeah, honey. They have to go home but they'll be back for Christmas." I said as I turned to look at her.

"It's not fair." Mia pouted as I sighed. "I know, I wish they could stay too." I said as Colby squeezed my hand.

We pulled into the parking lot then got out so we could say goodbye to Colby's parents. I opened the back door and pulled Olivia out of her car seat as Colby went to go hug his mom.

It broke my heart that he had to leave his parents again since he was always so happy when they were around. I wished with all my heart that they would live here so Colby could be closer to them.

"Goodbye sweetie, we're gonna miss you." Colby's mom said as she pulled me in for a hug. "I'll miss you, too. Thanks for coming." I said and hugged her as Olivia squirmed in my arms. "Say goodbye to grandma, sweetheart." I said then handed Olivia off to Colby's mom.

"We'll see you for Christmas, right?" I asked as she cuddled Olivia. "Yeah, we'll be here." She said with a grin as I turned to hug Colby's dad.

"Bye, kid." He said and gave me a big hug. "Take cars of yourself, alright?" He asked as Mia came over and hugged his legs. "I will." I said then took a step closer to Colby.

He wrapped his arm around me as we watched the girls say goodbye to their grandparents. I loved watching their interactions with them since they were few and far between.

"Can I go with you back to Kansas?" Mia asked as my heart broke a little bit. "I wish, sweetheart. Mommy and daddy need you to stay here though, they'll miss you too much." Colby's dad said as Mia pouted.

"I miss you guys though." Mia pouted as I leaned my head on Colby's shoulder. "We'll miss you, too. We're only a phone call away though. Whenever you miss us just ask mommy or daddy to set up a call, okay?" Colby's mom asked a she hugged Mia.

"Okayyyy." Mia sighed out as Colby rubbed my arm gently. I think he knew that seeing Mia upset was ripping my heart in half.

"Okay, we have to go sweetheart. We love you." Colby's dad said as he kissed Olivia's cheek. "Love you!!" Mia yelled as she hugged them one more time.

Colby's dad handed Olivia off to Colby then grabbed their bags. "Have a safe flight." I said as we exchanged our last hugs. "We'll see you later. Love you!" They said then started walking towards the airport.

"Alright, kiddo. It's time to go home." I said and put my hand on Mia's head. "Can we get chicken nuggets?" She asked as I nodded. "That sounds delicious." I said as we got situated in the car again.

We stopped at chick fil a on our way home so we could get some nuggets and milkshakes. "So, I have to do some work with Sam tonight. Are you gonna be okay being alone tonight with the girls?" Colby asked as I shrugged, "Yeah, that should be fine." I said with a small smile as I twisted my ring.

Something is going to happen to you.

Jason's gonna come back to take you.

"Cor?" Colby asked as I shook my head. "Sorry, what?" I asked as he squeezed my hand. "Mia asked if you wanted to color." Colby said as I smiled. "Sorry, I didn't hear you sweet girl. I'd love to color with you." I said with a smile as she giggled and bounced in her seat.

Colby dropped the girls and I off at home then went to go work at the traphouse with Sam.

"So, did you want to do anything other than coloring?" I asked Mia as I set Olivia up in her highchair. "Hmmmm..can we bake cookies?" She asked as I nodded. "Yep. That sounds fun." I said then set up Mia's chicken nuggets.