99

"I'm genuinely surprised the girls didn't wake up." I said with a laugh as I got out of bed and reached for one of Colby's hoodies.

"You did a pretty good job at being quiet, I will say." He said and pulled his boxers back on. "Thank you, thank you." I said and bowed causing him to laugh, "you're such a dork." He said with a grin as I pulled the hoodie over my head.

"Whatever, I want icecream." I said then skipped out of the room and to the little kitchen that was in our hotel room. "How funny is it that Mia picked red velvet to be here birthday cake?" Colby asked as he came into the kitchen wearing sweatpants but no shirt.

"Hilarious." I said then pulled out the breath peanut butter chocolate icecream and a bowl. "She's always been a daddy's girl." Colby said with a shrug as I jumped up onto the counter and started eating my icecream.

Colby was in the middle of grabbing himself some cake when Mia came walking in, rubbing her eye with a frown on her face.

"What's wrong sweet girl?" I asked and frowned as she came up and hugged Colby. "I had a bad dream." She said as Colby lifted her up so she could sit on his hip.

"Oh no, what was it about?" He asked as I set my bowl on icecream down. "There was this giant rainstorm and it washed our house away and I couldn't find you guys or sissy. It was scary." She said and rested her head on Colby's shoulder.

"Aw, princess...it's okay." He said and kissed her head as she looked at me. "I know dreams can be scary, sweetheart, but that's all they are. They aren't real." I said then hopped off the counter so I could go over to her and rub her back.

"It felt so real though, I was scared of losing you." She said and sniffled. "We're right here, sweet girl. We aren't going anywhere." I said and wiped her cheek as a single tear slid down it. "Promise?" She asked and pouted her lip out at me, "promise." I said then kissed her head.

We stayed up with her for a little while longer before she was almost asleep in Colby's arms again. "Goodnight, sweet girl." I whispered and kissed her head again before Colby went and took her to bed.

I got back on the counter and picked up my melted bowl of icecream. I sighed and pushed my hair back as Colby came back into the room.

"I hate that she has nightmares." I said as Colby took my bowl from me so he could get me some fresh icecream. "I know, but it's normal. She's okay." Colby said with a grin as I nodded. "Yeah, I know. I think that may be the hardest part of being a parent." I said as he handed me my bowl again.

"What? Watching them have nightmares?" He asked and cut himself a slice of cake. "Not exactly. It's just hard seeing them sad or upset in any way. I don't know how to describe it." I said quietly with a shrug.

"No, I know what you mean. You just want them to be happy and you don't want anyone to hurt them." He said as I nodded, "exactly that." I said with a not as he grinned, "yeah, that just means you love them a lot." He said as I nodded.

"I love them and you more than anything in the world." I said as he came up and kissed my cheek. "I agree." He said then hopped up on the counter next to me.

We enjoyed our cake and icecream then decided it was probably time to go to bed.

When I woke up I felt like I was hit by a semi truck I was so sore. Colby was still sound asleep next to me so I decided I would take a hot shower to loosen my muscles a little.

I felt much better as soon as I stepped into the hot water. I started to think about what we had planned today as I washed my hair and body with the steaming water.