52

Colby's POV

"W-what?" Cora asked as Sam nodded, "I was thinking the same thing." I said quietly as she shook her head, "get it off of me!" Cora shrieked as her hands flew to her mouth.

"I'm going to call the priest we hired when the traphouse was haunted. He can help." Sam said as he pulled his phone out. "I....Where are Mia and Olivia? Are they safe? Keep them away from me. I have to go." Cora said frantically as I pulled her into my arms.

"You have to calm down. The girls are safe, and you're safe. We are going to help you." I said and rocked her back and forth as Sam paced around the room on the phone.

"So wait..is she like possessed?" Jake asked as we both look at Corey since he knows more about this stuff than we do.

"Not necessarily I don't think. Have you had any moments that you didn't feel in control of your body?" Corey asked as Cora trembled into my chest, "not really." She mumbled as I stroked her hair down.

"It could just be attached, meaning it's not taking over you but instead it's just looming around you." Corey said as I shivered.

"Okay, he wants to meet us back at the cabin." Sam said as I shook my head, "no. She's not going back there." I said and tightened my grip on Cora.

"It has to be done there, brother. Either that or the spirit possibly is released into your home or worse into Mia or Olivia." Sam said which caused a shiver to run down my spine.

I needed to protect my girls.

"We can't do it any other place? It has to be at the cabin?" I asked, letting out a sigh. "Wait a minute, what is it we are actually doing?" Cora asked timidly as she looked around. "We're going to get you help." Sam said as she nodded, "okay." She said quietly.

"We have to do it at the source of the spirit, he said that's the safest way to do this." Sam explained as I closed my eye, taking a deep breath. "Okay." I agreed, not feeling great about the decision at all.

"When is he meeting us there?" I asked as Jake and Corey stood up. "He'll be there around 4 so we have to leave in a couple hours." Sam said as Cora tensed up, "what's wrong baby?" I asked and took her hand.

"I want it to stop." She whispered as I nodded, "why don't you try to sleep, I'll stay here with you to make sure nothing happens to you." I said as she shook her head, "I'm scared." She admitted as I nodded, "I know. I am too, but you're gonna be okay. I promise." I whispered and kissed her forehead as Sam came over.

"I know this is super scary, but you're taking this better and I think any of us would have." Sam said as Cora shook her head, "I'm crying every five seconds." She argued as Sam laughed, "that's still better than how I would be acting. Trust me." He said and ruffled her hair.

I could tell something was going on in Cora's brain. Something I couldn't quite understand. The sparkle in her eye was completely faded, her usual bright blue grey eyes were now just a dull grey.

She was really hurting.

"I'll try to sleep." She said and stood up, walking around the bed so she could get under the covers. "Okay, I'm going to get you some tea." I said as Sam and I stood up.

"Kiss Mia and Olivia for me." She whispered and picked at a stray string that was on the blanket in front of her. "I will." I said quietly then left the room.

When I walked into the living room Mia was sitting on Kat's lap as they watched a Disney movie on the tv.

"Daddy?" Mia asked as I walked into the room. "What's up, princess?" I asked and picked her up, so I could hold her on my hip while I made Cora some tea. "Is mommy's friend still here?" She asked as I tilted my head.