35

I found myself crying from the anger as I slammed the car door closed. "UGHHHH!" I groaned and slammed my head on the steering wheel.

Everything was so great yesterday. I was the happiest I had been in a while, but now it felt like I was falling apart again.

The most important part of a relationship was trust and Colby just broke that.

He broke me.

I wiped my cheeks and pulled my hood up so I could hide from the world as much as possible, then started the car. When I pulled up to the entrance of the building Sam and Jake were helping Colby as they slowly walked towards the car.

My heart was breaking as his face slightly scrunched with pain at each step. It almost made me forget that I was mad at him.

Almost.

I tightened my hands on the steering wheel as I looked forwards. Corey opened the door as they all helped Colby get into the car. I tried desperately to ignore the grunts and groans that were breaking my heart.

"Do you want us to follow you so we can help him get in the house?" Sam asked as I stared straight ahead still. "I don't care." I said as Colby sighed, "Cor..please just let me explain." He said as I snapped my head towards him, "Don't fucking talk to me." I seethed then faced forwards again.

"We'll meet you there.." Sam said awkwardly then closed the door so I could drive off, "I'm sorry." Colby said quietly as I focused on driving. I hated that I was so mad at him, it just felt like I couldn't trust him and that anything he said would be a lie.

I felt like crying.

I heard him let out a slow breath as I focused on not crashing the car. "You don't have to talk...just listen. I know it's bad that I lied, and I know you're mad but I was only doing it to protect you...I didn't want you to worry about me." He said as I clenched my jaw.

"You have been through so much and I knew you would freak out if I told you I fell of a roof so I-" he started but was quickly interrupted, "so you thought it would be a fucking fantastic idea to lie to me?! You thought 'falling 10 feet into a ditch' wouldn't make me freak out?!" I asked and clenched my jaw with anger. "I thought it would be easier for you to process if you thought I wasn't putting myself in danger." He said as I shook my head.

"You sound so fucking stupid right now." I said as he sighed, "I know I fucked up, Cor..I know I did and I'm sorry." He said as I clenched my jaw and kept driving. I didn't respond to him anymore, not knowing what to say. I just wanted to be as far from him as possible in this moment.

When I pulled into the driveway I got out of the car as Sam, Corey, and Jake pulled in. I felt kind of bad for not helping Colby get out of the car, but he was in deep trouble with me. I couldn't let him walk all over me like everyone else in my life has.

"Cora please.." Colby begged as I slammed my door closed then started making my way into the house. "Hey, is he okay?" Dad asked as I started walking to the bedroom, "just peachy." I said sarcastically as I passed him.

"Woah! You're not walking away that easily, what happened?" He asked as I shook my head. "He's fine. We're just fighting. Thank you for watching the girls." I said then turned to go into the bedroom.

I walked immediately to the closet and took his hoodie off and threw it in the hamper and grabbed one of my own. I did the same with the sweatpants I was wearing then went back into the bedroom so I could grab my blankets and pillows.

Sam and Jake were helping him get in the bed as I collected my stuff.

"Cor..what are you doing?" Colby asked as he groaned in pain from the soreness in his back. I shook my head and ignored him as I grabbed the baby monitor then turned to leave the room.