81

"Mommy, why are we here?" Mia asked as I bounced her on my lap. "Kitty is having your cousin today!" I said as she gasped dramatically, "really?!" She said as Colby chuckled.

"Yeah, really. Wanna come with me to the gift shop to get kitty some flowers?" I asked as she nodded. "Can I pick them out?" She asked as I grabbed her hand. "Of course." I said then turned to Colby who was rocking Olivia against his shoulder, "we'll be back." I said as he nodded cautiously.

I gave him a reassuring smile then walked with Mia out of the waiting room. "What color flowers do you think you want to get kitty?" I asked as I walked with her through the halls.

"Hmm I don't know." She said and shrugged, "well I know Kitty loves the color blue, so maybe we can get her something blue." I said as we got in the elevator.

An older man got in the elevator with us just before the doors closed. I immediately felt myself stiffen up and pull Mia closer. He wasn't doing anything suspicious or sketchy, I was just nervous.

I should have had Colby come with us.

I felt my hands start to shake as I picked Mia up and rested her on my hip. I kept my jaw clenched as I watched the numbers on the elevator go down to the main floor. As soon as the doors opened I felt a small sense of relief, watching him walk out.

"Okay, let's go." I said quietly and walked with Mia in my arms. "Are you okay, mommy?" Mia asked as I nodded, "yeah I'm okay, why do you ask?" I asked as we walked to the gift shop.

"You're shaking." She said with a shrug, "Hmm I guess I'm pretty cold." I said and set her on her feet. "Maybe you need a sweater!" She said innocently as I took her hand and led her to the gift shop.

"Okay, these are the flowers they have what do we think?" I asked as she chewed on her lip and examined each bouquet.

"This one." She said and pointed to the bouquet with a big blue bow around it. "That's a pretty one." I said and picked it up, "do you think the baby wants a teddy?" I asked and picked up a baby blue teddy bear.

"Yeah! Can we get one for sissy too?" Mia asked which warmed my heart. "Yeah, we can get one for sissy, too." I said as she smiled, "okay! Let's go!" Mia said and grabbed another teddy bear.

We bought the stuff then made our way back to the elevator. This time two men that were around my age were in the elevator with us.

I tried desperately to keep myself together, but they looked so much like Jason and the other guy that held me hostage. I pulled Mia into me again, but tried to keep my hands from shaking.

You're fine. They aren't going to hurt you.

I internally begged time to go faster so we could get off of the elevator. I watched as the numbers slowly took us up to the 4th floor.

"Come on." I said to Mia and took her hand, scurrying out of the elevator as soon as the door opened. When we got to the waiting room Mia ran up to Colby so she could give Olivia her new teddy bear.

"You okay, Cor?" Jake asked as I chewed on my cheek. "Yeah, I'm okay. Have we gotten any updates yet?" I asked and sat between Jake and Colby. "She's delivering right now." Devyn said as I nodded and rested my head on Colby's shoulder.

I was so worried that something was going to go wrong. I hated thinking that way, especially when it was about my best friend.

"It's okay, Cor." Colby said gently as I nodded slowly. "I'm worried about her." I said as he nodded, "I know, love. She's gonna be okay though. Claire is taking care of her." He reassured as Mia came to sit on my lap.

We waited for another hour and a half before Claire came into the room, "Cora. Colby. They want you guys." She said as my heart jumped out of my chest.

"Did everything go well? Is she okay? And the baby, is he okay?" I asked frantically as Jake and Tara took the girls, who were sleeping again.

"Delivery went smoothly, the baby is fine, Kat's a little tired but she's fine. It was a good delivery." Claire soothed as I nodded and laced my fingers through Colby's.

When we opened the door, Kat was laying on the bed with a little baby in her arms. I could tell he had a little bit of black hair even though his had a little hat on his head.

"Oh my god." I whispered and pouted my lip out as I walked to the side of Kat's bed. "He's so precious!" I gasped out and brought my hands to my mouth.

"I'm so proud of you, Kat." I said and smiled widely at her as she grinned, "wanna hold him?" She asked as I nodded.

"Hi sweetheart, oh my, I'm in love." I said and looked up at Colby. He was looking at me with a huge grin on his face. "How big is he?" I asked and bounced him gently as he started to fuss. "8lbs 7oz and hes 20 inches long." Sam said as I smiled widely.

"He's precious." I said and brushed my finger along the newborns cheek.

I know Olivia was still a baby, not even being a year old but I missed having a newborn already. They were just so small and vulnerable.

"Oh no...I see that look in your eye." Colby said as I laughed, "Is it possible to have baby fever even when you have a baby that's literally in the waiting room right now?" I asked as I slowly made my way over to where Sam and Colby were standing.

"No. It's not possible." Colby said with a laugh as he looked at the baby in my arms. "He has your nose, Sam." Colby said as I handed the baby over to him.

"What's his name?" I asked as Colby bounced him, "Joshua Cole Golbach." Sam said as my eyes started to water.

"You gave him my name.." Colby said quietly as he pouted his lip out. "Of course, man. I want him to grow up and be as good of a person as you are. You're the reason he was even able to be brought into this world." Sam said and I walked over to Kat, leaning down to hug her.

There was so much emotion in the room that we were all almost in tears. It was such a beautiful moment.

We hung out with them for a while before Kat decided she was hungry. "What do you want? Colby and I can go get it." I said as Kat rubbed her belly.

"Taco Bell, I'm begging you." She said as I looked at Colby, "let's go get the girls and go to Taco Bell." I said as he took my hand, "to Taco Bell we go." He said then led me back to the waiting room.

"We're going to Taco Bell, do you guys want anything?" I asked and pulled Olivia into my arms. "Oh my god, yes." Tara said as Colby pulled Mia into his arms. "Text me your order, okay?" I asked as they all agreed.

When we got to the car we put the girls in the backseat, "do you think I should just go home with the girls? It's getting kinda late.." I said as Colby shook his head, "there's no way in hell im letting you be alone in that house again." He said as I chewed me lip.

"You're right...maybe I should call my dad? I just feel bad that they can't sleep in their beds right now." I said with a sigh. "Call your dad, maybe we can drop them off at him house." Colby suggested as he took my hand. I nodded then dialed his number.

"Hey, squirt. Everything okay?" Dad answered as I yawned, "yeah, I have a favor to ask." I said and chewed my lip. "Kat had her baby, so we can't really be home right now, can we drop the girls off so they can sleep?" I asked as he chuckled, "of course. They are always welcome to stay here." He said as I nodded.

"Thank you for always being so patient and helpful, dad..I really appreciate you." I said and squeezed Colby's hand. "You know I would do anything for you, Cor. Just bring them over, I love you." He said as I chuckled, "love you too." I said then hung up.

We swung by dad's house and dropped the girls off before going to her Taco Bell for everyone.

"I think it's really cute that Mia's middle name is Kat's name and Joshua's middle name is your name. We are all so cute it's disgusting." I said as we walked back into the hospital.

"We really are. But I think it's cute also." Colby said and held my hand, swinging it back and forth.

It made me so happy that our little family was growing more and more every year.

It made me wonder who was next at having a kid or getting married.