116

Colby's POV

"Sorry about that." I said and locked my phone as I walked back to the set. "It's okay, I think it's cute how much your family means to you." Our director, Jane, said as Sam clapped my back with his hand.

"Everything okay?" He asked as I nodded, "Yeah, Mia is on her way to swim class so they wanted to call me." I explained as he nodded. "How's Kat doing?" I asked and sat down next to him while the crew set up their next shot.

"She's doing okay, everyone has been really helping her with Josh. I miss that little guy so much." He said as I nodded. "That's the hardest part." I said then chuckled. "Who would have thought we would be dads before we got a Netflix show." I said as he grinned.

"Dude, we've come so far." He said as I wrapped my arm around his shoulders.  "Yeah, we have." I said and took in my surroundings.

Right now we were filming the research part of one of the episodes. Tonight we were going to go to the actual location.

I didn't like the idea of it, because we wouldn't have service so I wouldn't be able to call Cora tonight. I looked forward to being able to call her every night. She would always fall asleep on the call, and I would pretend I did too, just so I could just watch her relax and sleep.

I could tell she was stressed out from this change but I was so beyond proud of her. She never ceased to amaze me, I knew she was having a hard time, but everytime I would call she would only really ask about me and how I was doing.

She was always so supportive.

"Alright, we're ready for you guys." Jane said as we stood up and walked over to the set they had made for us. It was crazy that Sam and I went from making these dumb 6 second videos on Vine in high school to having our own Netflix show.

We worked so hard to be here, and I was just so grateful that we finally made it.

We filmed for about an hour then started the drive to the location we were filming at tonight. We were about halfway there when my phone started ringing, showing that Cora's dad was trying to call.

"Hello?" I asked feeling my heart start to race. "Hey Colby, I have to tell you something." Cora's dad said as I sat up straight looking over at Sam nervously.

"What's wrong?" I asked and brought my hand to my chest. "Cora had a pretty bad attack today, both her and Mia got a little hurt." He said as my heart stopped

"Mia saw it? How hurt? I'm coming home. Is she sedated? Where's Mia?" I asked feeling my heart start to race as Sam looked over with concern plastered on his face.

"Woah, relax, it's okay. Yes, Mia saw it. She and Cora were cooking and Cora had the attack. She dropped a pot of boiling water on the floor, burning both of them. Mia's aren't as bad so shes doing okay, but Cora is sedated." He explained as I rubbed my chin.

"Okay, I'm gonna try and come home early, can I talk to Mia?" I asked as Sam looked at me with sad eyes. "Yeah...hey Mia! Your daddy's on the phone, he wants to talk to you." He called out as I closed my eyes.

"Daddy?" Mia asked as I smiled, "hi, princess. How are you feeling?" I asked and opened my eyes again. "Okay, do you know if mommy's okay?" She asked which broke my heart. "Mommy's okay, she just...she just needs to sleep." I said and rubbed my chest where my heart was aching.

"Are you coming home now?" She asked as I chewed my lip, "I'm going to try and come home as soon as I can, okay princess?" I asked as she sighed. "Okay daddy." She said quietly.

"You're so strong, you know that?" I asked as she giggled slightly, "yeah, my legs hurt from the ouchies but papa said I would be okay." She said as my heart broke. "How many ouchies do you have?" I asked as she paused to count. "Only 3." She said as I nodded.

"Okay, sweetheart. I have 3 big kisses waiting for you, but I have to talk to papa first, can you hand him the phone again?" I asked as she hummed and handed the phone off.

"Colby?" Cora's dad asked as I combed my fingers through my hair. "Hey, I'm going to try and come home. Are you able to stay until I get there?" I asked and looked at the time, trying to figure out if I could even get back tonight.

"Yeah, I'll be here. Kevin and Meghan are going to come over so Meghan can help with her burns, I'm not going anywhere though." He said as I nodded.

"Okay, I'll keep you updated." I said then hung up. "Everything okay?" Sam asked as I shook my head and stood up, making my way to the front of the bus where Jane was.

"Jane, I need to talk to you." I said as she turned to me, "what's up?" She asked with a small smile. "There's been a family emergency, is there any way I can go home to be with them?" I asked as she gasped slightly. "Is everything okay?" She asked with concern in her voice.

"Yeah, there was an incident and my wife and oldest daughter got hurt." I said as she nodded. "Yes, you can absolutely go home to them, we will either reschedule this shoot or just cancel this episode." She said and pulled her phone out.

"Thank you..thank you for understanding." I said as she smiled at me. "Let's get you to the airport." She said with a warm smile then turned to talk to the driver.

I walked back to my seat and huffed out a breath, looking for plane tickets. "What's going on man?" Sam asked as I looked up.

"Cora had a bad attack, she and Mia got hurt. I have to go home, and you're coming with." I said then found the cheapest tickets I could and bought them.

"Holy shit, like how hurt?" Sam asked with concern in his voice. "I don't know. She dropped a pot of boiling water. They both got burned but Mia said she only had three ouchies which means she probably only has three blisters but I don't know how big they are or where they are." I said and sighed, rubbing my wedding ring anxiously.

"Shit..okay. I'll let Kat know." He said as we made our way to the airport.

Luckily the flight wasn't too long so we were at LAX before it got too dark out. We called an Uber then made our way to the house. I had no idea what I was expecting but I was honestly getting a little nervous.

I felt bad that this happened, I knew she was bound to have an attack in front of the girls but the fact I wasn't here to help stop it hurt my heart.

She had been being so strong for so long that her body and mind physically couldn't handle it anymore and that made my heart break.

When we got to the house there were a bunch of cars in the driveway which meant there were a bunch of people here.

As soon as I opened the door I heard Mia scream. "DADDY!" She yelled then hobbled over to me. "Hi, princess." Said and scooped her into my arms. "I missed you!" She said as I walked to the kitchen where Kevin, Meghan, Kat, and Cora's dad were.

"I missed you too, sweetie. Can you show me your ouchies though?" I asked as she shook her head, "Meggy said I can't take the bandaids off." She said as Meghan chuckled. "Good job, Mia." She said then turned to me. "I took pictures before I wrapped them." She said as I nodded and looked at her phone.

Mia's burns were only on her feet and there was one on her leg. "They'll heal nicely due to where they are, we just can't have her running around too much." Meghan explained as I held Mia in my arms.

"How about Cora's?" I asked and sat on the couch with Mia in my lap. "Hers are a little more exstensive. Her entire right side is burned pretty badly. I would assume she laid right in the water after she dropped the pot." Meghan said as I rubbed Mia's back gently.

"I'm gonna go see her." I said then stood up, sitting Mia on the couch. I grabbed Olivia from Kevin though and held her close, "I missed you." I whispered as I walked towards the bedroom m. When I walked into the room I felt my heart break.

Cora was laying on bed, wearing one of my sweatshirts. There were these big white bandages that covered most of the skin on her right side, going all the way from her foot to her face, causing my heart to break even more.

I walked over to the edge of the bed and took her hand, "hey, Cor. I came home just to be with you during this. You're so strong baby girl...I love you." I said then leaned over and kissed her forehead.

I just needed her to be okey.