74

Colby's POV

I was surprised when I got to the waiting room because everyone was already there.

"Daddy?" Mia asked as she sat on Cora's dad's lap. "Hi princess." I whispered and took her into my arms, "where's mommy?" She asked as she hugged me, "she's sleeping. We can hopefully see her soon." I said as she nodded.

"I miss her." She said as I sat down in between Kat and Cora's dad. "How's she doing?" Kat asked quietly as I shook my head, "I don't know. She was so out of it she didn't even know we were there." I said and brought my hand to Mia's head, smoothing her hair down as she snuggled into me.

We all sat in silence as we just waited. It felt like an eternity that we were in there. I ended up with both of the girls in my arms, which is the only place I wanted them to be.

"Is mommy almost awake?" Mia asked as she rubbed her eye sleepily, "hopefully, honey. She was really sleepy." I said then kissed her head, "why don't you take a nap, I'm sure papa wouldn't mind holding you." I said as she nodded as Cora's dad pulled her into his lap.

Olivia fussed in my arms a little bit as she slept soundly. Kat reached over and took my free hand and I tried to remain calm.

It had been at least 2 hours since we got here, which made me nervous. She must have been really fighting right now.

"Colby?" Meghan's voice sounded throughout the waiting room causing me to stand up and lay Olivia in Kat's open arms. "Is she alive?" I asked as she nodded with a small smile on her face, "come on." She said then gestured for me to follow her.

"Is she okay? Please tell me she's okay." I begged as we walked through the halls, "she's doing okay. I'll let Dr.Robinson explain more." She said as my brow scrunched, "you called her in?" I asked as she nodded, "you guys trust her. You need to be able to trust people right now." She said as I nodded.

I knew Cora was in for a long fight against her own brain from this, but she had a massive support system behind her.

She would get through this.

When Meghan opened the door my heart skipped a beat. Cora was peacefully sleeping under the covers. They managed to shower her and clean up all of her cuts. "I'll send in Dr. Robinson." Meghan said then walked out of the room.

I went up to the bed and took Cora's cold hand, "I don't want to wake you, but I'm so happy you're alive. I missed you. I love you." I said then kissed her hand as I held it gently, afraid that I would hurt her.

"Hey, Colby." Dr. Robinson said as she came into the room, "hey." I breathed out but kept my eyes on Cora. "She's really strong." She said as she came in to sit down on the other side of the bed. "I know." I said quietly then finally looked up at her.

"Ready to hear what's going on?" She asked as I took a deep breath. "Ready." I said and rubbed Cora's forearm gently.

"They overdosed her on Rohypnol. That's why she was so out of it when you brought her in." She explained as I nodded slowly, "she reacted well to the medication we gave her to reverse the overdose." She said then looked at her chart again.

"She was severely dehydrated and famished. Either they didn't feed her or they fed her very little." She said which made my blood boil.

They did this all for what? Money?

"We had a fear that we would have to amputate her hands from the restraints. She fought so hard that she actually broke her skin almost to the bone, but we stitched her up and got the infection under control." She explained as I looked down at her wrists, noticing that they were both wrapped up in white gauze.