Part 98

PAIGE'S P.O.V
The morning finally came. Rick decided to let Carl, Rose, and Elizabeth back in today. He was dying for the moment to come, so he could hold Carl tight in his arms, and apologize.

Rick dashed outside with me following behind. He screamed their names.

"CARL! ROSE! ELIZABETH!" No one replied.

He called their names more and more. Nothing.

"Where are they?" Daryl asked, coming out of the prison doors.

"I-I don't know..." Rick sobbed.

"We'll find them, let's go!" Daryl shouted, adjusting his crossbow on his shoulder.

Daryl, Rick, Glenn, and Beth all headed out in the woods to search for them.

DARYL'S P.O.V
We scavenged the forest, looking for any sign of them. Rick called their names over and over again.

We found a spot in the woods that looked suspicious. Rick examined the ground, then fell to his knees. I ran to his side to see what it was. Blood. Blood was on the dirt. I walked over to a tree and saw Elizabeth's silencer.

"It's Elizabeth's gun..." I mumbled. I bent down towards it, and something caught my eye. Behind the tree was a patch of dirt that seemed to have been dug. I squatted next to it, curiously.

"What's this?" Glenn asked.

"I don't know..."

We all started digging at the loose dirt. Beth reached down with another scoop, then yelled,"I hit something!" She grabbed at it, and pulled. In her hand was someone's wrist. She shrieked, throwing it down. I dug till you could see the face.

"Elizabeth..." I whispered.

CARL'S P.O.V
I had the feeling I was being carried, and thrown. It was a repetition of movement. All I could see was black, and sometimes a sliver of light. It was just go dark again.

Someone was talking.

"Where should we put 'Em?"

"In the interrogation room. I'd like to talk to 'em once they wake up."

"Good that, Negan!"