Part 92

PAIGE'S P.O.V
I stood in shock, knowing Carl was lying. He looked over at me, his eyes glazed over with tears, his head shaking back and forth.

"Paige...please forgive me..." He whimpered.

"Get Elizabeth..." Beth ordered me.

I walked over to the other cell, motioning Elizabeth to come. She followed me back to the room as I showed her the glass.

"Did he do something?" I asked, sternly.

She stared me in the eyes. "No."

I nodded, seeing his alibi was strong. He had someone to take up for him. Then, she added something, interrupting my elimination of thought.

"It was a duo...two...uh, people..." She muttered.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Rose...and Carl...they did it..." She said, gesturing towards her wound. "They hurt me..."

I looked over at Carl who was staring at her in disbelief.

"No...no...I didn-"

"You did..." Elizabeth interrupted.

Beth got off of Carl as he ran up and hugged me.

"Please, Paige...I'm so sorry..."

I looked at him, kissing him gently on the lips.

"I'm sorry..." I gave Elizabeth a silent hand gesture, she knew what I meant.

Her and a Rick soon entered the room again. We explained what happened, what they had done. Elizabeth leaned in, whispering something in Rick's ear. He nodded in agreement as a tear rolled down his cheek.

"We have to..." He muttered. Rick walked up behind Carl, grabbing his arms, leading him outside with Daryl ahold of Rose.