Part 116

BETH'S P.O.V
The world was fading. In slow motion. Daryl shot the zombies. 1 second...2 seconds... 3...4...5...6...7... The bullet shot out of the gun, slowly. I could just see the hole in its head forming, gradually.

He dashed over to me. Talking to me.

"Come on, Beth...I'm not leaving you..." His words took forever to come out. So, did mine.

"Just leave me, Daryl..."

"I'm not leaving you..."

He picked me up, pain shooting throughout my body. I winced as he ran as quick as possible. The walkers were following.

DARYL'S P.O.V
I sprinted towards the exit. I looked down at her. The tears filled my eyes, streaming. She was staring at me, no movement. Her eyes becoming glazed over. Skin pale.

My running became to a slower jog. I fell to my knees, her wrapped in my arms.

The zombie growls became louder behind me.

"I'll see you soon..." I whispered to her, kissing her cheek.

The moans felt like they were right next to me. I shivered as the staggered mucus gurgles escaped the walker's throat.

I shut my eyes and imagined Beth. Her beautiful blonde hair. Her perfect smile. Her blue eyes. Then, a was startled by a gunshot. The perfect image turned to a bloody one. Her stomach ripped open. Reality.

I fell back landing right next to a dead zombie. Rose had her gun out, shooting every walker in sight.

"COME ON! WE GOTTA LEAVE HERE!" She screamed.

I cried next to Beth, holding her close. I glanced down at her, my body going still.

Her eyes fluttered open, her hand grabbing my shoulder, yanking me down.