Part 48

GLENN'S P.O.V
I heard a large boom ring throughout the house as my eyes shot open. My head swung around the room, examining it like a surveillance camera. Maggie was asleep on the bed. It was just Maggie and I.

I tip-toed out of the room, scanning the house. It looked deserted. Like everyone had left. "Daryl? Beth? Carl? Paige? Grace? Rose?" I yelled. No reply. Then, I heard a light muffled sobbing.
"Paige?!?!"
I opened the door to the outside of the house and I saw Paige crying in pain. Her eyes were swollen. Her face so veiny and bloated, you wouldn't be surprised if it was about to burst. She was bloody and beaten all over, Carl hovered over her.

I sprinted towards him, shoving him down the the grass, his back shuffling up dirt. He squinted as the sun glared into his eyes as I did, too. "Why would you do that to her?" I screamed, my finger in his face. He took a raspy breath in,"I didn't..." His arm extended out, pointing towards a body on the ground a couple feet away.

CARL'S P.O.V
I closed my eyes tightly as the pain shot up my back. I didn't mind it. I stood up, during myself off. I jogged back over to Paige's side who was crying hard as the tears washed some of the blood of her face. "What hurts the most? Your stomach? Eyes?" I asked, concerned. She shook her head slightly as her index finger pointed at her severed leg.

"What did she do to it?" I asked as my eyes darted back to her face. A couple cracks of her broken voice exited her mouth as it opened. "...she...k-kicked it...." My eyes darted back to her wound. The surrounding area was purple and blue. Also, swollen like the rest of her body.