Part 118

CARL'S P.O.V
I huddled up against the tree, crying my eyes out. Paige walked up beside of me, wrapping me in her arms.

"It's okay... She's okay...They'll find us, Carl..." I looked up at her as she smiled at me, weakly."But, what if it's not...? What if they're dead?" I asked as the tears kept falling. I rested my face into the crook of Paige's neck, holding her, also.

"We need to get moving, don't want to get too far away, though..." My dad announced to the group.

Paige stood up and leaned against a different tree. Probably done with my negativity. I wonder how she is feeling right now. I lost one of my best friends, a girl I love, but she lost her dad... It probably is just like the beginning for her. All alone. None of her family.

I stood up, sniffling while brushing myself off. "Let's go..." Rick said with Maggie hooked onto his arm.

We all started walking a bit farther down the road, the prison disappearing into the distance of the night.

DARYL'S P.O.V

"Where should we go?" I asked her.

"How am I supposed to know?" She said.

"Let's just head into the woods, they probably went that direction..."

We both started heading that way, deeper into the woods. I looked back at the prison.

Zombies entering through all doors.

Searching the building for any sign of human life.

The walkers piling over something. The only part of the object that I could see was blonde hair.

I turned back around to see her gun pointed at the darkness.

"What is it?" I asked in a whisper.

"Shhh.... I saw something move..." She answered.

"Probably a walker..."

"It wasn't a walker, it's a person..."