Part 127

ROSE'S P.O.V
I crawled onto my knees, falling and squirming towards Carl. I ripped the knife out of my holster, finally finding my balance and standing up straight.

I plunged it into every walker's eye socket, knowing it will hit the brain. They fell one by one.

I was breathing heavily. I was stabbing, limping in pain, wounded. I was wearing myself out.

Diana was protecting Carl, her sledgehammer ready to crush anything in sight. Amber was over Daryl, checking his wounds. Calming him down.

But, me. I was alone. Fending for myself. All the walkers there were dead. I fell to the ground in exhaustion. It felt like when I was in middle school. Running for ten minutes straight, I felt dizzy like I was gonna pass out. Exactly the same feeling right now.

I looked down at my wound. Blood pouring from it. Figures why I felt so weak.

"Come on! We gotta get going!" Amber yelled, helping Daryl up. Diana picked up Carl cause he was unconscious completely. Her sledgehammer dropped to the ground. I scrambled to my feet, picking it up.

I realized I had a backpack on. Something I never noticed. I pulled the object that was weighing me down a bit. An axe. This is what Daryl gave me whenever Carl and I were banished.

"Aria..." I whispered. That's what I'm going to name her. I had never named her till now.

We all ran through the woods till we reached a road. We examined everywhere. In front of us, we saw a glimmer of hope.

About a mile down the road was a group of people, all holding flashlights.