Part 8

RICK'S P.O.V
I was in the other room. All alone. In the corner. Crying. I whispered to myself,"W-why?..." Sobs in between each word,"Horrible father...Jerk..." I heard the door swing open as I turned my gaze towards the movement. Maggie squatted beside me,"Rick, what's wrong?" I took a deep breath.
"I'm just a horrible person..."
"You are not a horrible person! We are human! We make mistakes!"
"I've made too many, though..."
"Just apologize."
"I would, but I'm terrible. It would make it worse than before."
"Try..." I nodded my head in agreement. I decided I should apologize. I am going, too.

DARYL'S P.O.V
"I'm going to go back to bed. Do you want Carl to come back in here?" I asked Paige as she slid down onto her pillow. She nodded,"Yes...please..." "Okay, let me get him..." I said rubbing her head and walking out. I could hear Beth and her's conversation muffled from the other room.
"Would you be fine in here with Carl?"
"Yeah, I'll be good..."
"Okay!" Beth exclaimed. Carl walked in as Beth smiled and exited the room.

CARL'S P.O.V
I took quick steps into her room and closed the door behind me. "Hola!" I said to her with a smile. She giggled,"Hola..." I scooted beside her and let her cuddle up next to me. I asked her,"Are you okay?" She moved her head slightly up and down,"Yeah, I'm fine..."
"How will you get used to walking with one leg?"
"I don't know...shouldn't be that hard..." She replied, rubbing what was left over of her right leg. She turned herself my direction, looking at the side of my face. "Why?" She asked silently. "Why what?" I asked confused.
"Why did you save me? I met you just a few days ago...You could've just left me to die..."
"I would never do that..." I said turning towards her, too. Holding her hand. "But, why?" She asked again. I just smiled and kissed her on her lips, softly. As we kissed, the door swung open.

"Carl, I came to say I- WHAT IS GOING ON?!?!" My dad said darting his eyes back and forth between us. Paige and I scrambled away from each other. "WERE YOU KISSING HER?!?!" He said firing his loudmouth again. "I-I w-I... I was..." I mumbled. "You just met her a few days ago!" I decided to yell back at him."Is it your business? NO!" "You are MY SON! I care about you!" Maggie charged in as we yelled. "What is going on, Rick? I thought you were going to apologize?" My dad spun towards her. "I came in here, and they were making out!" Maggie looked shocked for a second. "Oh...I see. Well, don't blame him," My dad glared at her in confusion,"If you were the only kid in a group for years, what would be your first reaction to a new girl?" My father was stumped. "But, why? I mean, seriously, what would everyone else think about this?" Maggie raised her voice, pointing at the door,"I don't know! Why don't you go ask them?" "Please...no..." Paige whimpered. I held her closely as he stomped out of the room.

RICK'S P.O.V
I stormed out of the door into the Sleeping Room. I yelled,"What do you all think? Carl and Paige were in there kissing?" Many answers floated throughout the room. I heard Carol exclaim,"Aww, how cute!" And Michonne,"I told you, he's a grown man!"'Also, Glenn,"Oh snap!" And Daryl,"That's my baby...with the little man!" I was so confused. "URGH! Why don't any of you care?!?!" Daryl shrugged,"We all knew it was gonna happen, buddy!" "He is too young!" I yelled. "He is old enough...He's grown, don't you understand?" Michonne said calmer. I stomped back into Paige's room. Fury in my soul. Paige was huddled close to Carl, crying into his thick sweater. "GET OUT OF HERE, CARL!" Carl eyes focused on me, angry and deep. "I. Am. Not."