Part 36

PAIGE'S P.O.V
The kids fell down, bullets in their bodies. I saw Carl frantically sprint towards a figure that had hit the ground. His head was darting around, touching her shoulder area.

CARL'S P.O.V
She was breathing heavily, grunted while her eyes shifted to her wound. "Why'd he do that?" She smiled. "Thought you were a walker..." I giggled, taking off my over coat and wrapping it around her underarm and over her shoulder. "What's your name?" I asked her, calmly. "Grace...so, what did your family call you? Sheriff?" She laughed as she looked up at my hat. "Yeah, call me what you want, but the name's Carl..." I smiled. I took her arm and picked her up, helping her onto her feet.

She dusted herself off, walking over to Daryl and Rick who were observing the bodies laying around them. "Thanks for shooting me, Moses. I'm quite a catch, aren't I." She said tipping her baseball cap. "Why are you callin' me Moses, girl?" My dad asked. "I mean you got the beard, the hair. Resemblance." Grace shrugged. "Well, my name is Rick, not Moses." My dad glared at her, trying to make his point clear that he did not want to be called that. She smiled. "I'll keep that in mind, Moses." She joined my side and walked towards Paige, Beth, and Maggie.

Paige asked,"Who is she?..." I looked over at Grace and said,"That's Grace, she got shot, my dad thought she was a walker." Paige nodded slowly, then wrapped her arms around my neck as Beth handed her back to me. "I'm Paige..." She mumbled, holding herself close to me. "Where's your peg leg, pirate?" Grace mumbled. Paige thrashed out of my arms, lunging herself at Grace.

She landed on top of her, punching her over and over. Blood spurt from Grace's lip. I pulled Paige off of her,"PAIGE! STOP!" I yelled. She grunted in anger. Grace stood up, putting her hand on her lip, and then seeing the blood on her hand. She smiled,"Nice shot...you got me...till next time..." She added a small laugh at the end of her sentence.