Part 2

DARYL'S P.O.V
My eyes filled with tears of joy as I sprinted into her arms. "PAIGE!" I hugged her tightly, spinning her around. Everyone stood there, coming out from the shadows in shock. I noticed she had two braids falling on each side of her face. "W-who did your hair?" I cried as I picked at her dressed hair. Paige looked at me, innocently. "I-I did...Momma taught me..." I darted my eyes around, looking for any sign of my wife. "Where is momma?" I asked, trying to make sure she understood my question. She slowly pointed her index finger at the sky. "She said she would be with God after some snake bit her."

Beth creeped up beside me and asked,"You have a daughter?" Paige leaned in my ear, whispering,"She is pretty..." And I whispered back,"I know..." Beth giggled at my response cause I supposedly wasn't a good whisperer. I could hear Rick spreading to Carl behind us,"Carl, looks like you got a new friend." He gestured the boy toward us and he walked up and sat down beside Paige. "Hi..." He muttered. "Hi!" She said back joyfully. Carl grinned as if he was pleased with her first impression. "We should get inside." Carl said glaring at the sky, then back to the group.

Paige gestured towards the inside of the cabin. "This is where I live. I have food, water, shelter. Most of my needs." Glenn examined the area,"Where do we sleep?" Paige set up beds on the floor. "We'll just call this the sleeping room. Okay?" She glanced around the room as everyone nodded. "These mattresses fit 2 people each." I spoke up to announce the sleeping arrangements. "You can sleep with me, Paige. Glenn and Maggie. Carl and Ri-" Carl cut me off by stating," I am NOT sleeping with him!" I glared at him. Rick replied to Carl,"Don't make this more difficult than it has to be." I finished my announcement,"...Beth and Michonne...Carol, you can have the couch." Everyone else settled in, except Carl who sat on a ledge easing comics. I noticed Paige walk up to him and glance at what he was reading. "Night of The Living Dead? Nice timing to be reading that!" I giggled at how sarcastic she said that. "Ya, it is..." He replied. They carried on a conversation, starting out with Paige.
"I've read that whole series, pretty good."
"You read comics?"
"Ya, love 'em!"
"That's so cool! I do, too."
"Let me show you something!" She grabbed Carl's hand, yanking him up. I quietly followed behind them. I listened carefully.

She opened a door on the floor. "This is the attic, where in spend most of my time." I glanced down to see Carl looking through a shelf. "You have so many comics!"
"Yeah, my mom would go and find them for me."
Carl yawned,"I'm actually really tired. Gonna go to bed. Well, at least try."
"Me, too." She replied.
I tiptoed back to my bed and snuggled in.