Part 4

CARL'S P.O.V
Michonne yelled for my attention. "Carl! Take this! Do it!" She threw me her machete and before I knew it, I had cut Paige's leg off with a single swing of the blade. She screamed bloody murder, and cried till I felt as if her veins we're going to pop out of her neck. I stabbed the zombie that had bit her. I ripped off my jacket and wrapped it around her wound. She was still screaming and crying. I laid Paige's head in my lap as I sat down next to her. I spoke to her softly," Look at me, look at me..." Her eyes found themselves to mine. I whispered,"It's going to be okay..." She said with tears streaming down her face. Grunts in between each breath. "A-am I g-going to d-die?..." I reassured her,"No, you're not...you are going to be fine." As I finished my last words, her eyes drifted off into the distance. She had blacked out.

Daryl sprinted to her side and sobbed,"Oh...no, my baby...," then he suddenly darted his vision to My dad,"WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE?!?!?" His voiced boomed throughout the building. My dad, Rick, looked down at his feet, shaking his head,"I-I don't know...just mad at Carl..." "ME?!?! YOU SHOULD'VE JUST SHOVED ME IN THERE, NOT PAIGE, TOO!!!" That suddenly just came out of my mouth. Maggie interfered by saying,"Let's just calm down, okay?" Beth added,"I know where some medical supplies are, she'll get infected if we don't help it." I nodded in agreement. I caressed Paige's head and assured it,"You'll be okay..."

Later at night, I could hear Paige's screams of pain from the other room. Beth nor Paige was present in the sleeping room. I covered my ears as the screams continued. "I don't like screams, reminds me too much of mom..." My dad rubbed my back,"Carl, it's okay...listen, I'm sorry about today..." I cut him off by standing on my feet,"There is nothing that can change that now..." I started walking away. He yelled at me,"Carl! Carl, get back here now!" But, I just kept walking...