Part 37

GLENN'S P.O.V
Later that day, we all found a house to stop at in the city. I put all my stuff on an extra bed and laid down, tired after all that had happened today. Maggie walked in and sat beside me. "Are you okay?..." She whispered as she held me, closely. "Yeah...I'm exhausted." I let out a tiny yawn. "Glenn, I need to ask you something..." She stated. "What is it?" I asked. "When I die, promise me, you will shoot me. Don't leave me to kill others. Shoot me." I hesitated in answering. A tear rolled down my cheek just thinking about it. "I-I..." She looked into my eyes, holding my hands. "Promise me..." She muttered. I nodded my head slowly. "Okay...I promise..." I embraced her and kissed her softly.

"Why would you ask me to do that?..." I mumbled. "I know we're gonna die, there is no escaping it. I just don't want to hurt you, or Beth, anyone." I nodded in understanding. "Okay..."

MAGGIE'S P.O.V
I trusted him with his promise. I want him to keep it. He walked with me out to where the group was. They were sitting in the floor eating out of a plate with a small amount of food on it. "Grab you guys a plate." Carl insisted. I looked down at him and nodded. He was sitting next to Paige and Grace. I got the little bit of food I needed and devoured it. I was starving. "Hungry much?" Grace asked me as she stared at me in shock.

I wiped the excess grease from the meat of my mouth in embarrassment. "You all know that we need to watch out for each other, right." Rick said, scanning the room. "I don't want to see anyone else die." He added. We heard a few walker groans from outside, but they gradually grew louder. The zombies started slamming themselves into the door, trying to get in.

"Let's check it out." Daryl stated. He motioned Rick, Glenn, and I to join him. We headed out the back and to where we could see the creatures banging on the door. There was 3 of them. Daryl pointed his crossbow at it. That's when we heard crunch, crunch, snap, crunch, crunch, snap. I spun around on my heels to see a herd of walkers lunging at us. One of them knocked me to the ground as I tried to wrestle it off. It slid down as I kicked it over and over again. It reached my wrist as Glenn sprinted to me, but it was too late. The zombie took a bite out of my wrist as I screamed loudly. Glenn shot it in the head as it fell over beside me. I screamed at Glenn,"Shoot me! You promised!"