Part 107

ROSE'S P.O.V

Carl wrapped his arms tightly around me, comfortingly.

"Don't do this, Rose..." He whispered.

I nodded my head as a few tears trickled down my cheek.

He stood up, helping me up, too. Carl hugged me once again, telling me the same exact thing.

Then, Paige came in to the cell. "Are you guys okay? I heard some yells." She asked.

"Yeah, we're good!" Carl said, walking up to her, and giving her a quick kiss on the lips.

She nodded her head, then walked back down the stairs.

"You promise?" He asked me, looking back at me.

I nodded my head, looking at the ground. I shuffled past him, more depressed than ever. We were supposed to be together. Forever.

I made my way down the stairs, opening the door, and breathing in smell of rotting flesh. Just how I like it.

I scanned the highway. The same cars as a week before. I opened the gates, trudging on down the road just for the fun of it.

I peered into the cracked windows of the abandoned cars, looking for supplies.

Blood...more blood. Where's the people around here? Oh, yeah... Forgot.

I noticed something suspicious in a inexpensive, Crimson car. There was some freshly made blankets, somewhat like a bed with a large lump under it. There was a bag with some fruit and some drinks under the passenger seat.

Probably a dead person's death bed. I opened the car door, reaching for the bag. I nudged into the body, startled by the jump I felt on me. The body had moved. It's a walker.

I grabbed the supplies quickly, back away. I held my gun towards it, cautiously.

Then, a deep voice moaned,"Give it back..."