Part 13

PAIGE'S P.O.V
I slowly and shakily nodded. "Please...Come back up here with me...I'm...terrified..." I whispered in fear. He came up beside me and cuddled me in his masculine arms. "I'll keep you safe..." He whispered in my ear. "Okay...but, did that boy say,'The End is n-" Carl cut off me off,"It doesn't matter, he was talking gibberish..." Soon, we fell asleep, again.

CARL'S P.O.V
The lights flipped on, blinding me for a minute. My dad stood in the doorway. "Carl, take this," he threw me a can of beans,"Eat it." I nodded tiredly,"Okay..." Paige shared the beans with me. We dug our spoons deep in the metal can. Once we were done, I walked up to the window. There was dried up blood splattered on the window, but there was no sign of the boy. Not even a drop of blood on the ground. "Something's not right..." I mumbled to myself. Paige sat up on the mattress. "What is it?"
"The boy is gone, but it's just not right, couldn't have been a walker. There is no blood, nothing on the ground. Like it's been cleaned up..."

Paige ran up to the window beside me. "You're right!" She said in shock. "I remember he said,'The cranks are out here...' Paige was confused. "What does that mean?" I replied, determind,"I don't know...I'm going to find out."

I stomped into the Sleeping Room and stated,"I need a group." Daryl looked at me, confused. "What do you mean by that, little man?" "I need a few people to come out and look for something with me."
Michonne answered,"I'll go."
Daryl added,"Me, too.
My dad, Rick, replied,"I'll help, too."
Also, Maggie,"I'm going."
I nodded,"We still need some people to stay here. Glenn, Beth, and Paige."
Paige yelled from her room,"I'm not staying!" I replied,"Paige, you have to. You can't walk." We heard a thump and then saw Paige leaning against the doorway. "I-I'll learn..." She smirked. "Okay, fine..." I mumbled. "I'll just stay here, instead." Maggie said, changing her mind. I agreed,"Sounds good! Let's pack up and go!" Dad stopped me in my tracks,"You forgot to tell us what we are doing this for." I looked him in the eye. "Last night, a boy was banging on the window. He said,'Help me, please. The cranks are out here! The end is near!' Then-" Michonne cut me off by asking,"Wait, what are cranks?" I turned towards her. "Let me finish. Something bit him on the neck, blood everywhere. But, this morning, no sign of him, not even blood. It was only on the window." Daryl thought about it for a second,"Let's go..."

We packed our bags with food, water, blankets, and clothes. I got Daryl's attention,"Hey, Daryl." He looked over at me, turning away from his packing. "Yeah?" "Wanna go outside with me to find some sticks to build crutches for Paige?" "Sure!" We headed outside, walking down the wooden steps reminded me of Carol and what had happened. I found some sticks and broke them with the pressure of my foot.
"Little man? Do you love my daughter?" Daryl asked.
"Yes...I do."
"Okay...Can I trust you with her?"
"Of course!"
"Good...I needed your honesty...I'm just worried about her, Ya know..."
"Yeah, I understand," I showed him my newly made crutches,"Do you think this would be good enough to hold her?" Daryl examined it for a second,"Should be! Let's go!" We got back inside. "Here, Paige." I handed her the crutches.

PAIGE'S P.O.V
"Thank you..." I tried to stand up on them, but I fell right when I did. "Ow! I'm okay! I'm okay..." I mumbled. Carl helped me up, saying,"Let's try again. I'll support you." He held me from the back like a spine in human form. "Okay, move it one at a time." He inched me forward, step by step. "Okay...good...good...now, I'm going to let go, just do what you're doing." He let go of me as I kept inching on. He exclaimed,"YES, YOURE DOING IT!" I replied,"Yay!" Then, I stopped in my tracks. "Oh my goodness..." I fell to the floor. Carl sprinted to my side. "Paige, what happened?!?!" I laid there like petrified wood staring out the window. Carl followed my stare. He peered through the window in shock. "Oh my...no..."