Part 42

PAIGE'S P.O.V
Carl and Rose busted through the door. I looked up and saw his arm around her waist. My head drooped down as the tears started falling. I heard loud footsteps coming my way. I kept my head down as I observed the muddy boots standing in front of me. He squatted beside me, placing his hand under my chin, and lifting my head up so his crystal blue eyes were looking in mine. "Whats wrong?" Carl asked me, popping out his pouty lip. "Oh, nothing..." I said, wiping the tears from under my eyes.

"Are you sure?" He asked, doubtfully. "Yeah..." I sniffled. He gave me a weak smile. "Okay...I love you, you know that, right?" I smiled at him. "I know...and I love you, too." He leaned in and kissed me gently on my lips. "Okay..." He stood up and walked back over to Rose who had propped herself up on the door frame. "Now, I'll set you on the couch to rest..." He told Rose. I noticed how this time he seemed more stiffened and he had his hand on Rose's shoulder, not her waist. He sat her on the couch, beside Daryl.

BETH'S P.O.V
I worked as fast as possible. I had to save my sister. I was hoping the walker's DNA had not traveled so fast, cutting off that part of her arm couldn't save her. I rubbed the excess blood from around her wound off. She screamed in pain as the corner of the dirty rag touched the revealed flesh and nerves. I grabbed a gauze from my first aid kit and proceeded to wrap it around the severed area. She grunted between her teeth, breathing heavily. Glenn rubbed her hand gently, whispering to her,"It's okay...I'm here..." I backed away looking at the bloody material covering her wound. Something about it made me gag. It wasn't just the arm being covered, in the middle of the flesh was a object emerging from the cut about in inch out. The bandage was covering it, but I knew it was her bone.

Maggie looked down at her wound. "The pain...it's horrible..." She muttered. Glenn and I both nodded. "I know...I know..." We whispered. Her eyes slowly made their way to Glenn. She chuckled,"It's funny how somebody could just be gone in a flash. Wiped off the face of the Earth with no trace. I am always reminded of the day Beth tried to convince me to commit suicide with her. Maybe dying is the best choice."