Part 40

?'s P.O.V
I sat in the tree, hoping the leaves would cover any sign of my existence. I wonder where they came from before entering Terminus? I hadn't seen survivors in days. I saw a few kids from the group run up to the window. I knew their names. Grace ran up to the glass, tossing up the potatoes they had for dinner. Her eyes shifted to the tree I rested in. I moved farther behind the leaves, hoping they would not see my movement. I leaned to the side, observing Carl beside Grace. Oh no. They are pointing at me. Kill me now.

I watched as Carl picked up his gun, running out to where I was. "Come down or I'll shoot!" He screamed harshly. "Um...I can't...it's kinda complicated..." I muttered. "You found your way up, you can find your way down." He added sternly. "Alright, but if I die, it's your fault..." He looked confused,"What?" He understood when I catapulted myself off the branch, hitting my back hard onto the ground. "Ow!" I screamed. Carl ran over to me, putting his hand over my mouth. "Shh...you'll attract-" I said, my voice muffled beneath his palm,"Walkers..." His head tilted in confusion. "I thought our group was the only ones who called them that..." He whispered. "Well...uh...I say it, too..." Played that one off cool...

I glared at his hand which he had not taken off. He just stared at me. I peeked my tongue through my lips, licking his palm. His hand retreated quickly as he looked at it in disgust. He examined the saliva on his hand and yelled,"EW, you're sick!" "No, I'm Rose..." I muttered. "You're name is Rose?" He asked wiping his palm on his pants. The same pants he's been wearing for awhile. "Yeah..." He pulled me up, leading me inside. I assured him,"Don't worry...before this all started I was a pretty decent kid!

CARL'S P.O.V
What a weirdo. She's gonna die before we make it out of the city. I opened the door to a shocked part of our group. "Everyone...this is Rose..." They all said hi to her,"Don't get too attached..." I mumbled under my breath. I heard Grace chuckle from the corner. She heard me. I smirked at her as her eyes shifted towards me. I felt air push against my neck. "So, I shouldn't get attached to that Grace girl...she gonna die soon?" Rose whispered in my ear. I turned towards her. "How did you know her name?" She scooted awkwardly away from me. "I don't..."

"Well...I'll introduce you." I muttered. I pointed to my girl,"That's Paige..." I smiled and blew her a kiss. I gestured towards the new one. "Grace..." I pointed towards Daryl, telling her his name. Beth stumbled out of the room where Maggie was. She was covered in blood. "Who's that?" She asked. "Rose...we found her outside." She walked over to me, whispering in my ear. Her hot breath hit my skin. "Carl...you can't just keep letting people into the group..." I nodded. "I know...I won't let her stay for long, she seems useless...won't live for long."