Part 117

ROSE'S P.O.V

I had to react quick. He was being pulled down by Beth. Her teeth prepared to bite. I needed to shoot her, but he was right there. I didn't want to shoot him, too.

Before Beth bit him, Daryl pulled her down, hovering over her. He reached for his gun which was laying on the floor. He picked it up, holding her down my the throat as her teeth chomped and clamped at the air. Daryl loaded it quickly. Aiming it.

I stood there in shock. The saddest expression on his face. I turned my head away from what was going to happen. After the loud boom, it went silent. Silent enough that you could hear the bullet shell bounce on the smooth concrete.

I glanced over at them. The buzzing, ringing sound penetrating my ears, overflowing my world.

The blood was spread across the floor. Beth was sprawled out against the floor, oozing liquid Crimson and gore. Daryl stood over her huffing and puffing, the tears still streaming down his face. He turned towards me, running at me, wrapping me in his arms.

I held him close, crying, also.

"Shh..." I whispered in his ear, comfortingly. He cried and cried into my shoulder. I looked up at him and smiled. "Let's go find the group..."

We walked out side, closer than ever. Then, again, farther apart then ever. The less people, the more distant we soon become. Safety in numbers. We pushed open the doors to pitch black. The trees, the woods, dead zombies laying on the ground.

No group.