Part 30

CARL'S P.O.V
I decided to lead on even though I was one of the youngest. I didn't even know my way through the city. I held my gun at my side, being conscious of my surroundings. I let Daryl hold Paige and he held her close. We found our way into the openings of the city, towers making a rusted gate. "Watch out for walkers, Carl..." I heard my dad say. I nodded, bravely. I heard the pinging of metal being knocked around, so I pointed my gun at the noise.

I turned around the corner to see a large building. It was broken into many different sets of places. I could see black, white, and brown segments. I saw what was making the noises I heard. In the brown segment, a bunch of sweaty men were working in the dirt. They were carrying around wood and metal like that was their job in the apocalypse. I gestured for the group to follow. They all nodded and we headed towards the black section of the building which was right in front of us.

Nobody was covering the courtyard, just a rotten stench of meat. Our group huddled by the door, then moved out of the way for Daryl. Everyone looked at him with a 'Do it' look on their faces. Daryl took his crossbow and self and threw them powerfully into the door with a hard sprint. The door knocked down onto the floor, people in shock from the inside. He yelled,"GLENN?!?"

GLENN'S P.O.V
They pulled me into the back as my arms flailed above me. The "chefs" held me down on a cold metal table as another one went to sharpen his knife. "GLENN?!?!" I heard a familiar voice scream my name. The kidnappers looked at me in confusion. I gave them a smirk and said,"They're calling me."

I ripped free of their grip and grabbed a nearby knife. They all came at me, so I held up my weapon in protection. They didn't stop. As the first one lunged at me, I thrusted my knife into his side. He fell to the ground, blood pouring out of his mouth and wound. The others came at me. I stabbed one in the side of the neck, his head slinging to side as he fell, also. The last guy wrestled me to the ground, holding me down. I screamed loudly as he bit into my shoulder. I jabbed my knife into the side of his head, the last one to hit the floor.

I rushed out of the room, falling to the ground below me in exhaustion. The room started spinning and getting darker. That's when I saw my group hovered over me, helping me up.