Part 124

CARL'S P.O.V
I kissed her passionately. She was all I could think about. She wasn't really moving or anything, just hands at her side. She was probably in shock. I backed away slowly, looking at her. I laughed.

"Why aren't you kissing back?" I asked with a smile.

"I-I don't know..." She giggled. Her eyes and body seemed paralyzed.

I leaned in again, kissing for a longer time. Still no movement. Then, I felt her soft hand touch the side of my face. Holding me close. I could feel her smile, the creases of her mouth lift. I had my arms wrapped around her waist, her arms rested on the sides of my neck.

Then, I felt a forceful tug from behind me, slinging me backwards as I skidded the dirt.

I sucked in breath between my teeth because they were clenched together in pain.

"WHAT DO YOU THINK YOURE DOING?" A voice yelled from above me.

The world was blurry from hitting my head so hard. I crunched up, seeing Rose in shock still beside the tree. I peered up, Daryl was huffing and puffing above me in anger.

"YOU ARE DATING. MY. DAUGHTER. YOU TOLD ME THAT YOU LOVED HER. YOU TOLD ME YOU WOULD PROTECT HER!" He swung his fist back, smacking me in the jaw.

I doubled over in pain, squeezing my eyes.

"I KNEW I SHOUDNT HAVE TRUSTED YA! I AINT GONNA AGAIN! NEVER AGAIN!" He yelled, salvia spraying at me as he kicked me in the side.

I could barely see the rest of the group which was Rose, Amber, and Diana rush over to Daryl tugging him away from me. He thrusted forward, their grip becoming loose. He flung over me, clasping his hands over my throat. I gasped for air, my lungs not being fulfilled.

"YOU SHOULD DIE! IM GONNA KILL YA! YOU AINT NEVER GONNA SEE PAIGE AGAIN!" He spat at me as my eyes started loosing all purpose which was being able to see. The world around me became unclear. Everyone was angered, shocked, in tears.

I couldn't feel. I couldn't move. Daryl was on the ground, blood on his knuckles, he was crying. People were around me. I could barely see their hands touch my face, but I couldn't feel it. Everything became slow motion.

They were telling me to stop screaming. I didn't know I was. They said that I was attracting more. I looked around, seeing the walkers making their way towards us.