Part 75

CARL'S P.O.V
I have to do it. I can't take it anymore.

I looked up at myself one more time, taking one last breath. I took the end of my gun and smashed the mirror. I picked up a few pieces, making sure the jagged edges were sharp enough. I set them in a pile beside me. I scooted the sharpest one to the side.

I couldn't take anyone seeing me cutting, so I knew what I wanted to do. Cut...relieve the pain...then, once I had finished that, just take that one last piece and dig it as deep as possible into my gut.

I picked up a piece of sharp glass, holding it tightly in my hand. I could feel blood seep down my hands, knowing I was holding the fragment to tight. The tears just streamed down my face. "Here we g-" I was interrupted by a voice. I looked over to see Vincent in shock as he stared at the glass about to cut through my skin.

"C-carl... W-what are you d-doing?" I dropped the glass and sobbed. Vincent ran up to me and stared at what I was going to do.

"You weren't going to-"

I nodded slightly. "Yeah, I was...please, Vincent...don't tell anyone..."

"I won't..." We slid the glass under the bed, hiding the evidence. It was too late to go outside.

"Why were you going to do that?" He asked.

I lied,"Grieving over my mom's death...it was really torturing for me to see..."

He nodded, understandingly.

"Well, I got to hang out with Paige today! She's a great girl!"

Why now? Why...? Just go with it, Carl...

"Did you have fun?"

"Yeah, a lot!"

"Cool..."

Then, he said something that kept ringing through my head over and over.

"I really like her...more than a friend..."