Part 69

RICK'S P.O.V
I heard a muffled yell from not that far away. "DAD?!?" I grabbed Elizabeth's arm and sprinted towards the noise, yelling his name over and over again.

I finally found two people. It was a Carl and another boy who I did not know. I hugged Carl tightly, crying into his shoulder. "I thought you were dead..." I whispered in his ear.

"Yeah...in my dreams..."

"We're you trying to kill yourself?"

Carl just looked at the ground, not responding. I pulled him to my chest, holding him close. Rubbing his hair.

"Please, don't do this again..."

He didn't say a word. Nothing. I took a deep breath in. "We should find the group..." I shifted my eyes over to the boy standing off to the side, awkwardly.

"Who are you?" I asked.
"Vincent..."
I looked up at the sky. The cold brisk wind blowing on my skin.
"You can come with us for now..."

We walked out of the woods to the highway. It wasn't too far. I made sure Carl was right next to me. We walked down the road, all in a huddle. It was freezing. It had stopped raining at least. I looked over at Carl whos hair had froze and stuck together from sitting in the rain so long. He was shivering and cold.

I noticed a building up ahead.
"Let's stay there for the night." I said pointing at the large prison like shelter.