Part 1

As kids with their families play in the backyard, we notice they are only the memories we left behind. Life used to be perfect. Bright, full of joy. Some people felt as if their life was torture. They hadn't even experienced the horrible that life had yet to bring...

CARL'S P.O.V
Our feet shuffled through the rocks and rubble of the road. I looked over at my peers, and asked, " Where are we supposed to go now?" My dad, Rick, stared straight forward not even glancing at me and said," I think we should find shelter, it's getting dark." Daryl agreed with him saying,"That is the wisest thing to do, I think there is a cabin back in the woods." Glenn darted his eyes frantically to the woods and back at us,"The woods?!?! At night?!?" He trembled in fear. His girlfriend, Maggie, answered by his reaction, trying to comfort him," Come on, Glenn. Shouldn't be that far..." Glenn nodded his head, hesitantly.

I looked up to see a walker heading towards us. Inching with a limp. An older lady that is joined with our people named Carol who said bravely,"I got this." She swung her knife at the beast, but the walker knocked the weapon out of her hand, and landed on top of her. I screamed to everyone," Someone help her!" Michonne tried to explain to me that if she stab the zombie, that it will go through its flesh and most likely puncture Carol, but I interrupted her. With a gunshot. The gun placed in my hand firmly.

The monster fell to the ground beside Carol as she breathed heavily. My dad yelled at me,"Carl! Why would you do that? It attracts more of them!" I screamed back,"I was trying to save Carol, Dad!" I shoved him back, roughly. That's when I heard more zombie growls. My own father raised his voice at me as he watched them limp toward us. "You see what you did?" He shoved me down on the hard cement. A blonde-haired teen named Beth picked me up by my arm, screaming,"Rick! Don't!" Daryl watched me dust myself off then yell,"Head in the woods! Follow my lead!" Everyone followed him deep within the woods as the walkers fell down one by one by our group's guns. We finally saw the cabin and Michonne yelled,"In! In! In!"

We sprinted into the cabin and slammed the door. My father turned towards me, angrily,"Carl! You know you shouldn't have done that!" I fired back,"I was trying to save, Carol!!!" I stomped over to the nearby window, then mumbled,"Oh...my..." Beth looked at me confused. "What is it?" She asked me, curiously. I replied quietly,"A girl..." Daryl and Beth sprinted outside closer to the girl, quietly. She was making a fire, so she was not aware of her surroundings. Daryl suddenly yelled," Hey, you!" I stayed back as far as possible. The mystery girl stumbled backwards in fear. Her face was in a terrified position, then it suddenly relaxed also combined with a confused expression. She scrambled to her feet, then took small steps towards them. She looked deep into Daryl's eyes then whispered,"D-daddy?"