Part 123

ROSE'S P.O.V
I dashed through the woods. Daryl and Amber lagging behind me.

"Wait, Rose!" Daryl screamed as I dodged and ducked under the branches flinging out at me.

"HES CLOSE! HES CLOSE! I KNOW IT!" I yelled, my breathing becoming heavy.

I yelled his name over and over again. "CARL!"

I slowed to a jog, then stopped. I swung my head back and forth, examining my area. Nothing.

I looked behind me. Amber and Daryl were doing the same. We were all out of breath.

Then, I heard leaves crunching. Twigs snapping. All the noise was coming from my left side. I turned that way, seeing the shoulder length brown hair flying back as he ran full speed. He had his plaid shirt on, and his hat was resting loosely on the top of his.

I sprinted towards him. Once we were face to face, we engulfed each other in a hug. We swayed back and forth in harmony. I was pretty much crying into his shoulder. He was doing the same.

"I missed you so much..." He whispered in my ear.

"I missed you, too..." I giggled back.

***
About an hour later, they had introduced me to Diana. I like her sledgehammer. Her, Daryl, and Diana were all in a little group talking to each other. Carl and I sat away from everyone else, just talking behind a tree.

"She got bit, and turned..." I said, solemnly.

The tears were covering his eyes. You could see it.

"Are you okay?" I added.

"Yeah...you know, I'll just miss Beth..."

I nodded cause I understood. He wrapped me in his arms for comfort. I held him, too.

"It's okay..." I said, rubbing his arm. He leaned against the tree and nodded.

"Thanks for everything..." He told me with a weak smile.

"No problem! I wouldn't be here without you!" I nudged his shoulder, playfully.

There was an awkward silence between us. I was just staring at the ground waiting for him to say something.

I felt a hand under my chin, picking it up gently. Carl was sitting there, staring at me.

"You know, I need you..." He said, still staring. I gave a light chuckle.

"Never heard that be-" Then, I felt something I had never felt before. He was quite close. His hand on the side of my face. I wasn't stopping him. I don't know why. I had never felt the pressure on my lips. Especially not his lips.

///

I know Serioslykidding will love this chapter! Lol

The Walking Dead: Secretsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें