Part 21

PAIGE'S P.O.V
I asked Carl to carry me even though he was tired. I did NOT want to be in Aaron's arms ever again. "It's good that we left...seeing Tris dead from what you did would have crushed you..." Aaron said. I noticed Carl twitching in anger, trying to hold it back. I rubbed his shoulder and whispered,"Shh..." He nodded, just looking forward at a steady pace. "I heard some ruckus behind us, far back. Not anything noticeable. Probably a group of walkers. People maybe." Aaron added, cutting the silence. Carl stopped in his tracks, swerving his head in Aaron's direction. "You heard people? And didn't tell me? Why didn't you tell me?!?" Carl shouted while setting me down. "I didn't tell you cause you were too busy killing Tris!" He yelled back. As Aaron said that, Carl swung his fist back, smacking Aaron right in the jaw.

He fell to the ground, his hand covering the impact spot. "Pull anything like that again and I'll kill you myself!" Carl screamed, pointing his finger in Aaron's face. I sat there in shock. A tear rolling down my cheek. "Carl, calm down." I said in a light tone. "I know...but I'm serious, I'll kill him if he does anything!" His eyes still focused on Aaron.

As we kept walking on, we heard someone yelling in the distance. "What is that?" Carl said in a hushed tone. "Listen..."

RICK'S P.O.V
"CARL! PAIGE!" I screamed in the woods. "CAAARL! PAAIGE!" Nothing. "It's hopeless..." Maggie muttered. "It's not hopeless...they are probably looking for us, too..." Beth replied. "Wait! You hear that?" Everyone went silent, but a faint voice called out from far away. "Daaaaaaaad... Daaaaaad..." My head swung around in all directions. "CAAAARL!!!!!!"

PAIGE'S P.O.V
My eyes followed Carl as he sprinted farther away from Aaron and I. His hair was flying back, his hat almost falling off. "So, now we're alone..." Aaron smirked. I glared at him,"Aaron, back off..." He looked at me, pretending to be offended. "Oh my...what's so wrong with flirting a bit?" He leaned towards me. "Because I'm dating Carl!" I raised my voice. "Well, Carl is not here!" He said kissing my cheek. "Aaron! Stop!" I knocked him away from me. "Come on, one ki-" His request was interrupted by a loud gunshot. I scrambled back in fear as Aaron fell to the forest floor, a hole in his head. I covered my mouth and started crying. I looked over to see the Carl with his gun up, the group behind him. "I told you I would kill him if he pulled anything else..."