Part 28

PAIGE'S P.O.V
The group made their way through the trees of the woods. I looked back to see my dad hand in hand with Beth. I smiled at them as they smiled back. Carl saw me smiling at them, so he jogged up to my side. "Why are you smiling?" He asked with a giggle. "Cause it's just cute..." I kept making my way through the branches with the crutches that they had made for me. "Those things holding you up?" He asked, looking at my extra set of "legs". I nodded,"Yeah...pretty good." He chuckled and wrapped his arm around my waist. "I'll give you extra support."

I smirked and laid my head on his shoulder. "Look! The woods end there!" Maggie exclaimed as she sprinted ahead of us. "Woah..." She stopped in her tracks when the grass met the cement. A long road led into a highway piled with abandoned, rusted cars. A town sat in the middle of the rampage. It looked close to what I had remembered.

GLENN'S P.O.V
I stood there as still as a metal pole. I was frightened. The guard, covered in hard black protection. His face was covered with a black mask, and he had a blackjack in his holster. A gun on the other side. "Now, who is he?" He said, setting the knife down, and walking over to Garreth and I. Garreth looked over at me and said,"That's Glenn." The guard's head turned towards me. His arms stretched out, and shoved me down onto the dirt. He hovered over me and yelled,"Why aren't you working?!?" Garreth took his arm, and pulled him back. "He is our guest." The guard nodded at him and moved away.

Garreth took my arm, and pulled me up. I dusted myself off and said,"Why'd he do that?" Garreth smirked,"Oh, he thought you were supposed to be in the factory, but you're not." I nodded like I understood what that meant. "Then, where am I supposed to be?" I asked, knowing it was the wrong thing to ask. "You are special. You aren't gonna be here." I looked at him in confusion. "What is 'here'?" I asked. Garreth looked me in the eye. "You aren't gonna be with the cranks," he took a step closer to me,"or the senior workers. You are coming with me where I take you. In Terminus." I nodded in fear. "Okay..." I mumbled.

Garreth led me out of the humid, hot factory and brought me around the building to the last segment. The sign said,"SOH", but the meaning was torn and old. It was very unclear. All I could see was:
SANC F H ST G S
I walked in and another burning breeze was blown into my face. There was a few beds in the corners of the room. There also was a large pit of fire, and a large metal table. I looked to my right to see blood covered clear curtains. A man walked out in all white, but a yellow mask on. He had a sharp knife in one hand, and some meat in the other. He walked back into the bloody room and that's when I heard a plead of forgiveness, and a cry of bloody murder.