Part 10

DARYL'S P.O.V
I was shocked. Michonne ran up to Carl, ripping the gun out of his hand. "CARL! NO!" She pulled him close as he cried into her shoulder. Glenn jogged over beside a hurt Maggie,"Maggie...Are you okay?" He was helping her get up. I was standing there. Still as a post. Then, I started bawling. "CAROL! No...no..." I ran up and squatted beside her. "It's okay...shh...it's okay..." She whispered weakly, cracks in her voice. "I-I need someway to help..." I looked down at my hands, and they were covered in blood. "You are my best friend, Carol. I love you...I love you so much..." I whimpered. She smiled as tears streamed down her face. "I-I love.." She coughed, a mist of blood covering my face. She took a deep breath, but after that, not a single one came again.

"No..." I started shaking Carol,"Please! Wake up!" Beth came up behind me, her warm tears landing on my shoulder as she wrapped her arms around my waist. "It's okay, Daryl...she'll be okay...it will all be okay..." I held Beth tightly in my arms. "She was my best friend..." I bawled into her sleeve. There was a glimpse of movement from the corner of my eye. I looked over to see a one-legged Paige crawl through the doorway."What happened?..." She asked. Carl ran up to her,"Paige! What are you doing?" "I need to know what happened." She stated. Carl picked her up from underneath. "I'll tell you, later." He mumbled as he carried her back into her room.

CARL'S P.O.V
I laid her back down and sat myself right beside her. "Carl...what is going on?..." I looked into her deep, dark, brown eyes. "My dad...punched Maggie...killed Carol..." She looked at me in shock. "He killed her?" Tears swelled in her eyes. I nodded,"Shot her...the madness got ahold of him...it's all my fault."
"It's not your fault!"
"Yeah...it is...I shouldn't have made him mad..."
"If you want to say he's mad at you cause you kissed me and all, it is partly my fault, too. I let you kiss me."
"No, it's not your fault."
"It's not yours either! Blame anyone! Blame us!"
I leaned and kissed Paige softly. "I want there to be an us..." I whispered. She nodded with a smile,"Okay..."