Part 27

CARL'S P.O.V
I spun around in worry when I heard her. She was throwing up, her head bouncing up and down. "Paige! Are you okay?..." I said as I rubbed her back, moving her hair from the front of her face. "Yeah...yeah...Im fine..." She answered, rubbing her stomach.

I nodded my head with a weak smile as she swung her head up and looked at me. Small white chunks were around the line of her lips. She looked embarrassed as she wiped them away with her sleeve. "What happened to her?" She said like none of that ever happened. "I don't know...maybe she's just a rotten corpse as I would guess..." I replied. "No, that's not right, Carl. She can't be a "rotten" corpse if you only killed her like an hour ago..." She looked over at her as she stated that. I agreed,"Yeah! Some thing about that is different," I pointed ahead,"Let's find out."

GLENN'S P.O.V
I looked over at him in disbelief. He had just killed an innocent little boy. "Why did you kill that boy?" I asked in shock. "Crank. I think you mean killed that crank." He replied. I shook my head in agreement, but still fearing for my life. "So, what's your name? I hadn't got that yet." I asked, trying to change the subject. "Oh! My name? My name is Garreth! Yours?" I nodded. "My name is Glenn...Why am I here?" I added. He rolled his eyes,"We usually get this question. There is many reasons your here that we can't explain. You'll find as you go." I questioned what he said. If I don't know why I'm here, how am I supposed to know when I'm being used and why? I just went on, not wanting to know.

I saw other patients or kids running up to the dead body on the floor. "Grayson!" A little girl ran up beside him, crying. She laid her head on his chest and sobbed. I walked away like a criminal, out of the First Stagers. "Just a little walk through..." Garreth smirked. Well, that was just evil. "How about we check some other parts of here out, sound good?" I nodded, hesitantly. He lead me to the brown part of the building. We walked into and I saw a bunch of adults. A big breeze of hot air blasted me in the face. Everyone in there was covered in dirt, sweat, and blood. They all were 20-50 years old. The sign above it said,"SWF" or,"The Senior Working Factory." All the employees seemed to have different jobs. Some working in the dirt, others with the animals. The creatures would be getting fed and the other job would be slaughtering them. I wondered,"Why isn't Garreth working in any of these? Is he like the boss?" I didn't dare to ask.

People scurried around, moving to different stations. A man in general caught my attention. He was a lot older than most of the men working in there, but he was in the corner. By the animal butcher. He was shaking frantically. I could hear him mumbling,"Terminus...home for all...sanctuary for all...those who arrive, survive...we're not gonna survive..." I was confused. "NONE OF YOU ARE GONNA SURVIVE!" He screamed as the factory fell silent. A guard walked up to him and yelled,"Get back to work!" He shook his head side to side. "No...no..no." Then, the guard picked up a butcher knife from the slaughtering table beside them. He swung it back and took a big thwack into the side of the man's head. A large gash was made with the knife inserted into it. The old man fell over into a pile of hay. "He learned his lesson..." The guard mumbled, then he looked up at everyone, pointing the knife at them. "Everyone will learn their lesson..."