Part 3

PAIGE'S P.O.V
The morning looked over the window sill, peering into the cabin like a translucent stalker. I heard footsteps creeping up to the window, capturing the stalker and putting him back outside. I heard a voice and it was Carl. "What are you doing?" I squinted my eyes, so I could peer into the scene before me. Carl was speaking to Rick. His father refused to look at him. "Just looking...Why are you awake?" Carl stared at him blankly giving him a 'Are you kidding me?' look. "Why are you awake???" Carl's voice raised. Rick's voice boomed through the house,"Watch your mouth, Carl!" Carl stumbled backwards, squinted his eyes and shaking his head. "I'm sorry..."
Carol slowly lifted up off the couch and said in a soft tone,"Why are you guys arguing?" Rick fired back saying,"Because he thinks he is a grown ma-" Michonne screamed at him before he could finish his sentence,"Because he is! That's why!" She laid back down as Carl nodded his head.

Rick grunted and walked out. I ran up to Carl and hugged him tightly. "I don't want you to go through anymore pain like that!"
*later in the day*
My daddy asked me,"So, how long have you been alone?" I replied,"About 10 months, a year maybe..." He acted surprised,"You've managed to supply yourself?" I didn't understand his doubtfulness. "Yep, never been touched." A walker headed towards our group. Michonne decapitated the dead creature. I shrieked and turned away. Carl asked me,"What's wrong?" I answered him with the truth,"I-I've never seen anyone kill one before... Glenn stared at me in shock. "Really? Never?" I nodded my head,"Never, momma always made me close my eyes if she had to." Carol just said,"Oh..." Carl soon insisted that we should get moving. My dead rubbed the back of my head,"Yeah, sweetheart. We need to stock up for the month.

Everyone headed into an old ransacked building. Rick turned his attention towards Carl, and said,"Carl, since you're a "grown man", go see if there is any walkers." Carl stopped in his tracks,"I-I don't-" He was interrupted by the loudmouth Rick," DO IT!" I ran up to Carl's side and said,"If he doesn't want to do it, then don't make him!" Rick rubbed his beard with his right hand, mumbling,"Okay...okay..." Then, he forced a knife into my grasp, and shoved Carl and I into a corridor of rooms. He locked the door behind us.

Carl and I both screamed at the top of our lungs,"LET US OUT! PLEASE!" My father yelled at Rick as we shook in fear. In the dark. I could hear him saying,"What do you think you're doing?!?!?" I heard a loud thump. Daddy had shoved Rick down. He was beating him, punching him. Maggie yelled,"GET OFF OF HIM!" Then, Carl wrapped me tightly in his arms. Their feud was interrupted by loud cries and gunshots. The door slung open with Glenn at the handle. They witnessed Carl with his gun pointed towards the shadows and me, crying into his chest. Walkers were spread across the floor. Daddy said, frightened,"IS ANYONE HURT?" Carl answered for me. "No, no, we're-" Before we knew it, another zombie walked out of the darkness. I jumped out of Carl's arms only to trip. I crawled trying to scramble to my feet. I screamed,"HELP! HEEELP!" Then, I suddenly went silent. I looked down at my leg and saw the Walker latched onto my leg. I had been bit. I kicked it off with my spare foot and then broke down into tears.