{56}

Chapter {56}

Emrys Belle:

I walked over to Damon and gave him a kiss on the lips, reaching up to wrap my arms around his neck having to step on my tiptoes to be able to reach. I could feel him melt under my touch letting me know he wasn't mad with me for leaving. I pulled away slightly, getting lost momentarily in his chocolate eyes.

"You are staying in the car," I whispered out watching the shift of mood take over his face.

"I beg your pardon?" he pushed me off him, his posture changing.

"I told you when I left that if you wanted to come you could but had to stay in the car. Jeremy cannot see you here." I smiled sweetly at him.

"Um, no. This is not how it is going to work." Damon argued.

"Yes, Damon it is. It's up to me to get our son back, not you." I shot back.

"Emrys, you need to stop acting like you are still alone. I'm here to help. It's my job to make sure nothing happens to my family and guess what? You are my family and I'd be damned if you walked in there to get hurt." Damon's body language clearly was looking for conflict, an inner battle for him to protect me.

I walked over to him, taking his hands in mine letting out a short breath before I wrapped my arms around his chest and gave him a hug to which he responded to right away hugging me tighter than he ever has before.

"Damon, I have to be the one to go in, alone. Jeremy will talk to me, not you and you know that. I can let you put us at risk like that. We have to act as a team and you need to trust that I know what I'm doing. I am my father's daughter after all." I concluded, pulling away from the hug.

I knew he would not be pleased with me. I expected that but at the same time, I know how Jeremy is like, I need Damon to stand by and be ready to get us out of here when it all goes to hell and get Aj out.

Damon kissed my lips once more, holding my hand firmly making it hard for me to walk away as he would not let go.

"Damon," I warned, tugging at my hand.

I was pulling at my hand harder but Damon did not budge.

"Damon, let go." I pleaded.

His face remained stoical as I was tugging and trying to pry his fingers away. He let out a sigh and let my hand go see as I wasn't strong enough to make him let go. I stumbled in my step a little as I was still pulling at my hand. He let out a small chuckle but composed himself once more.

I brushed myself down and flicked my hair back, turning on my heel and walked towards the beaten-up metal door to the side of the building. With a bit of a struggle, I managed to push the door open, a creak following the movement breaking the grounding silence.

"Jeremy?" I called out, stepping in the deserted room.

It had a concrete floor, a few broken windows letting the light in. The place looked pretty much abandoned which did not seem like the type of place Jeremy would hang out, much less take his son to. He was always very high maintenance and it showed in the cars he had and how he raced to win. He was in it for the money and to have the luxurious life he never got when he was growing up.

"Jeremy? I know you are here, just come out and give me my son back." I yelled out, my temper rising again.

I heard the slow sound of footsteps coming from behind me. I swiftly turned around to be faced with him, dressed in black as per usual, casually strolling in knowing that my patience was running low.