{29}

Chapter {29}

Emrys Belle:

It has been a few weeks since the incident at the hospital. Damon and I are back on the right track but I still find it hard to go into his parents' house and think that this is where my father had been every time he left me with my mother. That he has this secret life and I don't think I will ever be able to get over that fact.

"You will have to take some paracetamol to ease the headache and watch those stitches. Come back in a week for us to see how the wound has healed and from there we will see if we need to remove them. Sounds good?" I questioned finishing writing what I had just said on the patients' information sheet.

"Yes Doctor thank you." the man spoke before standing up from the emergency bed and following a nurse the discharge desk.

I let out a sigh and swirled in my chair. Thank god that was my last consult of the day.

I went back to my office to see Damon standing, looking at the pictures I had put up of my dad that Paul had given me. Once he heard me step in he turned towards me and handed me over a box of chocolates.

"I know you don't like getting flowers and I already bought you a car. Aj told me to get you chocolates next." he rubbed the back of his neck giving me the chocolates.

"You didn't have to get me anything you know." I tried to hide my smile as I took the box opening it and eating one.

"You want one?" I asked between two bites feeling rude that I had just opened the box to stuff my face.

"It's alright Sunshine. Let's get you home, I'm going to run you a nice hot bath and cook you dinner," he stated grabbing my coat off the hanger and opening it up for me to slip on.

"I'm going back to yours? Where's Aj?" I questioned zipping my coat up and turning my computer off making sure I sent all the patients files to the right place and that they were all saved.

"Pablo is keeping an eye on Aj at my place. And yes you are both staying with me tonight because you need to relax and I know you love to have a bath. So I have planned a relaxing evening for you where you won't have to worry about anything." he concluded leaning over to kiss the tip of my nose.

"You spoil me, Damon." I blushed walking out of the door with him in tow.

"Anything for the woman I love." he smiled down at me.

I can't believe a man like him can love me and that I can love him back. I was not expecting us to confess our love for each other in a room full of people after his gang got bashed about and I got worried that he was knocking on death's door.

He drove me home and sure enough, Pablo was playing with Aj and by playing I mean that Aj was not letting him anywhere near his cars so Pablo just sat there and watched.

"Hey, Bubba," I spoke up after taking all my layers off and put my bag down.

"Mummy!" Aj yelled and ran straight into my arms for a hug.

"I missed you baby." I kissed his cheek and kept him in my arms.

This baby is not so little anymore.

"I'll get started on dinner for you all. You can leave now Pablo." Damon excused himself into the kitchen while I thanked Pablo for keeping an eye on Aj.

I let Aj talk to me about his day as he played with the ends on my hair until Damon announced dinner was ready. He had set the dining room table up for all of us to eat on, different dishes graced the table with a few candles lighting the way in the centre of the table.