{11}

Damon Mortimer:

I woke up with a beautiful woman curled up in my arms. Her soft body pressed against mine, her eyelashes kissing her cheeks, her lips slightly parted and pale pink, her golden hair sprawled onto the pillow below her.

She started shifting in her sleep hugging me tighter, her right leg draped over my hips using me as a very big pillow. Her eyes fluttered open and I was met with her breathtaking blue eyes. As I looked down at her I noticed she had a dash of brown in one of her eyes making them that more original.

"Morning my Sunshine." I kissed the tip of her nose.

"Morning." she smiled up at me making me swoon at the gest.

She laid her head back down on my chest and breathed in deeply. We stayed in each other's embrace, waking up slowly and just enjoying being together.

Soon I had to let her out of my arms so that she could go to the ladies room. While she was up and stretched and looked at my phone. I had a message from dad asking me if Rhys and Aj were safe. I replied with a quick 'yes all clear here' before putting my phone down and getting off the very uncomfortable air mattresses.

I made my way to the kitchen and started searching everywhere for something that vaguely resembles coffee. I was interrupted in my search by the pitter patter of feet coming my way.

I turned around and saw Aj running into the kitchen. His light coloured hair all tousled from his sleep, his car pyjamas with his bear in one hand and his blue car in the other.

"Hello Damon." he chirped happily.

I was a little shocked by this since usually, we communicate in a passive-aggressive kind of way.

"Hello there buddy! How did you sleep?" I matched his tone.

Rhys was leaning against the counter with her arms crossed. I took a quick look at her and memorised each curve of her body in those shorts and top.

Aj tapped my leg with his car, shifting my attention to him I saw that he was doing that only so that I would stop looking at his mum.

Smart boy.

"I couldn't find any coffee or anything for that matter for breakfast so I thought we could eat out this morning." I proposed after Aj ran back to his mum.

"That sounds great, I could do with a coffee right now." she agreed.

"I don't think my sister will be joining us, she is fast asleep." she giggled making my heart flutter at the noise.

Damn if this is what Dad felt when he started living with mum and baby Rose.

We both set off to get ready, luckily my clothes from last night got cleaned and washed so I was all good to go. I checked my gun making sure it was loaded for when we left and then my Sunshine and little lad soon joined me and we were off to the car.

Rhys strapped Aj in and we were off to town to get some well-deserved breakfast. We ended up getting some Mcdonald's coffee with some of their doughnuts and sat in the car munching away.

Rhys had her eyes closed as she leaned against the headrest of her seat and sipped away from her coffee, my eyes couldn't leave her figure.

"Stop looking at my mummy." Aj's little voice rang from the back making me shift my gaze away from Emrys.

"I wasn't looking at her." I tried to defend looking at him through the rearview mirror.

Emrys had opened her eyes and turned to look at Aj.