{42}

Chapter {42}

Emrys Belle:

I rushed through the hospital doors and made a B-line to the receptionist but before I could make it to her desk Everleigh made her away towards me. She looked tired and frail.

"Emrys honey." she walked over to me and took me in her arms.

"What happened? I want to see him." I rushed out following her to a secluded corridor.

"He's still in surgery. I don't know what happened, I was home with the twins showing them how to throw knives when I got a call from Kendyn and –" she stopped and let out a small sob.

I took her in my arms knowing the pain and worry she was feeling.

"I got here as soon as I could. I don't know what happened but they had to call the neurosurgeon, something about a severe head trauma. There was beeping machines and he stopped breathing. It was just hectic." she led out a few more tears.

"I'll try and find out more, the neurosurgeon is one of my friends he will take care of Damon." I told her to calm her down but deep down I was telling myself that.

"Is anyone else injured?" my doctor mind taking over.

"A few cuts and bruises on some of the guys, Damon took the hit. You need to talk to Kendyn about all this, he was with him." Everleigh finished.

I walked her back to where the rest of the family was. Everleigh went straight into her husband's arms as I went to greet everyone else. Soon after Nish came in followed by a nurse.

I waddled my way to him and basically corned him before anyone else could.

"Nish, what's his status? Has me made it? And Damon's vitals? Is he stable?" I fired my questions at him.

"Hey belle, chill out and breath. I need you and this baby to be as cool as a cucumber." he grabbed my shoulders to make sure I was focusing on him.

"Damon's stable for the moment, I should know more when he wakes up. For the moment he is resting. The operation was complex, the bullet–" Nish started.

"The bullet? He got shot in the head?" I exclaimed, catching the attention of everyone else making Everleigh let out a loud sob.

"Yes bullet, he was shot but the wound just grazed his head but on the way there it sectioned an artery. We still need to run some scans and tests but I stopped the bleeding and stitched him up. But he is not out of trouble yet."

"Can I go see him? I just really need to see for myself that he is okay."

Nish just nodded while taking a deep breath.

"Let me talk to the rest of the family, the nurse will take you to see him first but not for long, he's been through a lot."

I gave him a hug before making my way to Aj.

"Hey baba, mama needs to go see daddy okay?" I spoke softly to him.

He kept his head down looking at the floor tugging at his t-shirt.

"Can you stay here and be a good boy for all you uncles and aunties as well as grandma and grandpa?"

"Yes mommy." he nodded but still didn't make eye contact with me.

"Good boy. Now do me a favour, I think grandma needs a big hug. Do you think you can give her one?" I ran my hand over his cheek to try and get a reaction but he was not responding.

I kissed his forehead before kneeling back up to walk away but before I could reach the door, I felt a little body crash into my legs. I looked down and saw my little head of blond hair wrapped around my legs.