{23}

Chapter {23}

Emrys Belle:

I drove down the street of the Bronx, holding firmly on the wheel and went in auto-pilot to a place I never thought I would ever go back to.

I parked the car into the open garage near the gas pumps and got out. A lot of men from the street were watching me come out of a very flash car. I just pulled my dad's jacket closer to my chest and walked into the gas station.

I felt all eyes on me and I did not understand why sure I have not been here in a while since I have been here but I was never stared at so much before. I walked up to the counter to see some pimply teenager that looked like he was about to shit himself.

This wasn't a very friendly neighbourhood.

"Hi. Can I talk to Charles please." I asked whilst peering over my shoulder seeing two of the men that were outside walk in making the bell ding.

The teen looked at me slightly terrified and backed away from the counter, slowly sinking to the ground.

"What is a pretty girl like you doing in a place like this looking for Charles?" the first, buffer looking guy stepped closer to me.

He was wearing a white singlet top that looked quite greasy, a simple silver chain around his neck and a red bandana covering his head like some knock off gangsta.

"Is it really any of your business?" I sassed back getting stressed by the time passing by.

"The pretty girl has a mouth on her now." the second man smirked.

"I have, like every living and breathing thing. Now if you would excuse me I have business to attend to." I gave a tight-lipped smile and shimmied my way out of there.

"Now where do you think you are going pretty girl?" the two idiots followed me outside.

I walked my way to the garage and double tapped with my fist on the garage door.

The two idiots were still bantering behind me calling me derogatory terms.

The garage door suddenly rolled up and a very short and angry looking man showed up.

"Who the hell is banging on my door, I'm working on cars here." the angry little man popped his head up.

"That's not the way to greet your best girl." I teased stepping into view.

"My Dove! Oh Lord where have you been all these years!" he exclaimed waving his arms in the air.

I just chuckled under my breath and smiled.

"It's good to see you too Charles."

"You are Dove? The Dove that Charles never stops talking about?" the first idiot with the bandana spoke up quite shocked.

"The one and only," I smirked raising a defiant eyebrow.

"Oh man, you are a legend in this business." he seemed like a child at Christmas.

"Charles, I need my car like right now." I looked down at my phone and saw all the miss calls from Damon and chose to ignore them.

"Oh are your racing again? Why didn't you tell me? Come, come." Charles motioned me into the garage past all the cars he was currently working on.

"It's just a one-time thing." I kept my answer short.

"What happened? Why did you leave? Jeremy still races and I haven't seen you on the tracks for like, almost five years now!" Charles rambled on moving some tools boxes out the way.