{24}

A/N, by the way, this is what Emrys' car looks like, I forgot to include it in the last chapter x

Chapter {24}

Emrys Belle:

I arrived at the dusty old race tracks. It was an old business compound that had been demolished many years ago on the outskirts of New-York. It had not been claimed so the underworld of racing took it for its own and turned it into a race track surrounded by a type of arena style where the crowd is elevated and has a 360 view of the track.

As I arrived all eyes were on me since I was the only one that raced in vintage cars, specifically revamped mustangs. All the new racers always laughed and said that I would never be able to beat them with my old car since they had flash new ones, but the joke was always on them.

I parked my car, got out so that I could go sign myself into the race following the procedures that everyone had to do. I was scheduled to race obviously against Jeremy but there was a lot of people here today and a lot of races so we will be kept for last.

As I made my way to the counter where you get yourself registered for the race, I decided to have a look at the competition's cars and introduce myself but it seemed as I didn't have to because of all the stares and whispers I was receiving as I walked by.

Things like "that's the Dove" "she's back" and the one I'm the most confused about was " she's wearing the Dark Snakes jacket, one of the originals."

I tried to keep my confusion to a minimum as I walked past everyone to get to the counter.

"Dove," I said my race name and slipped the entry fee in cash on the counter.

I kept looking around, pulling my jacket closer to my chest feeling exposed with all these stares.

I gave a tight smile to the woman behind the counter and made my way back to my car only to find Jer and his gang parked right next to my car. I gave a frustrated sigh rolling my eyes at how cocky they all looked.

"Hello, my little Birdie," Jeremy smirked, pushing himself off his car.

"Fuck off." I turned to my car ready to get in to ignore him but my plan didn't quite work out.

"Aren't you going to give me out ritual kiss before the race?" he teased caging me against my car door.

"Do you not understand basic English? Fuck off, Jeremy." I spoke again and shoved him off me.

"Don't you ever fucking touch me again you bastard." I stepped forward making him walk backwards.

Once I judge that he was far away enough from my car I gave him a tight-lipped smile and turned around to walk off.

I felt a sting to my bum and I knew who it was from. On reflex, I balled my hand into a fist and swung around ready to punch Jeremy in the face but a warm hand wrapped around my fist and pulled me back into their chest.

"Don't," he whispered in my ear.

"Let me go, Damon," I growled glaring daggers at Jeremy who was smirking all he knew.

"Still feisty, just like I like them. See you on the tracks Birdie." Jeremy blew a kiss and got into his car followed by his two shadows and drove off.

I stepped out of Damon's firm grip.

"You shouldn't be here." I pointed at him, anger building up inside me.

"Me? What about you? What the fuck is this place?" He shot back matching my stance.

"Nothing of your concern. Where is Aj? Please tell me you did not bring him here." I felt worry surge through me mixing with the anger when I saw Damon's gaze shift to above us in the stands where I saw his mother with Aj in her arms sat next to his dad and their friend.