{10}

Emrys Belle:

"Aj it's time to go," I yelled from my room door getting all of my things ready for this weekend.

Aj and I were going back to New Jersey this weekend. Mia wanted me to come over with Aj for the last night in the old house before it was gone for good. Mother let us have a sleepover and left us with the essentials we needed for the weekend.

Damon has been coming to the house every evening for dinner and slowly it's becoming a routine that Aj is getting used to. It's scary but a good kind of scary. The only thing I worry about is if Damon and I don't work out and Aj gets attached.

Damon and I have not had a repeat of the bathtub situation since it happened. I've been busy at the hospital and coming back home tired because of the operations I have been doing, the lessons at Uni, studying for exams and running Aj back and forth from daycare and having a social/ love life with Damon. I love what I doing but I am just so tired so this weekend away will hopefully all will go well.

I got out with the bags and saw Aj standing by the door waiting for me.

----------------

I arrived at the house and parked the car as usual. Entering this house was getting more and more difficult but I needed the break from New-York life and my sister wanted to spend time with me and I couldn't say no to her sweet little face.

Aj ran in the house but stopped dead when there was nothing there. No photos of the perfect family, no comfy sofas, no over expensive ornaments, nothing.

"Mummy." I heard the panic in Aj's voice as he looked around.

I rushed over to him and scooped him in my arms and took him back outside and hugged him on the porch.

"It's ok buddy, grandma is changing house so all her things are gone," I explained to him trying to calm him down.

I knew Mia said it was empty but she didn't tell me to what extent it was empty. She only told me about the small things and that we would still have most of the furniture like the sofas and chairs.

"I don't like it." Aj cried and nuzzled closer to me.

"I know baba. I know. Mummy's sorry."

We stayed outside for a while until he calmed down. Once that was done I put him back on the floor and walked him all around the house to show him that he was going to be alright. The only room that was still more or less furnished was Mia's and my mother's office room.

"See baba, it's ok. It's still the same house." I reasoned with him.

Soon Mia was back from school and I decided to tell her off for not giving me the heads up about how the house actually was.

I let her get settled in and say hello to her nephew who had no interest in her whatsoever. I followed her to the kitchen where she opened the fridge and take out a single bottle of water before parking her butt on the kitchen counter since there were no more bar chairs.

"You could have told me that there would be nothing when we came in! You told me over the phone that there would still be most of the furniture and here I come and find it bare of everything. Aj had a mini panic attack because it had changed so much, he was fine when I told him that mum's furniture would still be there but of course, that did not turn out as I had thought it was." I snapped gaining her attention.

Her eyes went wide in guilt and she cast her gaze to her hands.

"Dad got the movers to clear out the house before you came. It wasn't supposed to happen but there was an opening so he took it." Mia confessed.