{38}

Chapter {38}

Emrys Belle:

I can't believe I'm engaged, again. But this time to a man I truly love and who loves me and my son with his all and not some jerk face such as Jeremy. I couldn't be happier to have found Damon, like he said, just strangers in the night.

After Damon proposed we stayed sat in the garden under the trees, just us at the moment with no one around to stop us simply being us and in love. It was such a beautiful evening and it is one that will be carved into my mind forever.

I got hungry again so we headed back and joined the rest of the Mortimer family. I got to show off my beautiful ring to everyone. I just can't stop staring at it, it's so shiny and pretty.

I still can't believe I'm engaged to Damon freaking Mortimer.

A couple of days had gone past and a lot had been going on in that short span of time. Wolf and his side of the family had gotten some new information on whatever was going on in their life. All I knew was that Damon needed to help them, so he was not at home most of the time.

I woke up this morning in a cold and empty bed. Confused, I sat up and looked around the room. Sure enoug,h his gun and phone on his nightstandweres gone and the suit he had placed on the chair the night before was gone.

I got out of bed a little upset that he wasn't here and made my way to Aj's room to see if he was awake. Once I came to his door, I saw him sitting on his bed playing with his red car. We got breakfast and got ready for the day.

I wasn't working today as I felt a little unwell and didn't have the energy to run around the hospital like a mad woman and Aj did not have day care so I decided to call my mom and sister to ask them to come down for the day and have lunch so that I could finally tell them I was engaged.

I nervously ran my hand through my hair as I waited for them at my old apartment. I didn't want them going to Damon's because I was scared that they would bring Steven along and I did not trust him, at all. I thought it would be best to be in a place both Aj and I knew and since Damon didn't empty this place out it still looked like I lived here and that's what I wanted.

Aj was playing on the living room floor as he did when we still lived here, lunch was basically done as I continued to dice the tomatoes the door rang sending my heart into a frenzy. I wiped my hands and went to open the door. Of cours,e Mia was the first to greet me and then soon rushed off to bombard my son with hugs and kisses.

"Mum." I smiled and embraced her into a hug.

She came in and as I was about to close the door something, or should I say someone's foot came and blocked the door.

"Hell,o Emrys." Steven's voice called out as he forcefully pushed the door open.

"Steven, what a lovely surprise." I gritted out.

He stepped into the door and made himself at home.

"Oh please, do come in." I sarcastically spoke under my breath.

"So Emmy, why call us for lunch." my mother asked taking a seat at the table I had set up.

"Well..." I dragged coming closer to her showing off my left hand.

"You're engaged?" she asked in awe.

"YOU ARE ENGAGED!" I heard Mia yell from behind me.

I just turned to her and nodded showing her my ring by putting my hand forward.

"It's beautiful, wow." Mia smiled and gave me a hug before I turned back to my mother who had tears in her eyes.

"Congratulations my Emmy. I'm so happy for you." she hugged me making let out a few happy tears of my own.