{30}

Chapter {30}

Damon Mortimer:

The twins were sleeping on the sofas in the private waiting room we were given upon our arrival to the hospital. Luke was playing with Aj on the floor with both their cars, surprisingly they get along quite well with being that same age and all. My little blondinie and my sister's miniature version of Kendyn both playing together. I think I even saw Aj let Luke play with his blue car which is a very rare thing that someone else can play with his favourite car.

Lloyd was asking a lot of questions to Emrys since he found out that she was a doctor. He was a very smart boy and was constantly asking questions. Mum loves this age where they just ask anything, I mean Lloyd is turning seven in July so he should be getting out of that stage but he is just so advanced in school. He's a smart little nugget just like his mother.

I just sat there looking around me, waiting patiently for my dad to come back with coffee for Rhys and I. My eyes set on this beautiful woman who had a concentrated look on her face as she paid close attention to what my nephew was telling her. Occasionally putting the little flyaway hairs away from her eyes to behind her ears.

"It's not polite to stare." My dad whispered in my ear making me jump in my seat and reach out for my gun out of reflex.

"Jesus dad don't do that!" I scowled him hearing his deep laugh rack through his chest.

"God your mother was right, scaring your kids is fun." he sat down next to me and patted my shoulder while still chuckling to himself.

He and mum just love finding ways to traumatise us kids.

"But seriously, stop staring. It's a bit creepy. Your mother hates it when I do it." he sat back and handed me a coffee.

"Grandpa!" Lloyd yelled getting the attention of Luke and Aj.

"Steady Lloyd, Grandpa has hot coffee," Dad warned as Lloyd came hurtling towards him.

Lloyd sat on dad's lap and cuddled up to his side ready to sleep.

"Here Em." Dad adjusted Lloyd to his side and gave my girl her drink.

"Thank you Asher." she smiled kindly and settled in the seat next to me.

We settled back into silence, Emrys laying her head on my shoulder peering down at the littles who started to get tired from playing. Aj stood up and ended up falling asleep in his mum's arms while Luke came to cuddle up with me. I liked this, having two littles, one each between Rhys and I.

I wrapped an arm around my girl keeping her as close to me as I could to keep her warm. The door of the room rattled open revealing a very happy mum with her hair in a bun.

"I finally have my first granddaughter." she smiled lazily and came further into the room.

She spoke a bit more about how things went for Rose. We let dad and her go to have cuddles with the new baby until they came back to let me meet my new niece. I held firmly onto Emrys' hand and let her guide me to the labour and delivery section of the hospital. I knocked on the door where mum said Rose was. We waited to be called in and every time I meet a new nephew or niece my heart grows a little more.

I saw my sister in bed holding a little baby wrapped up right in a pink blanket with my best friend sitting in the chair beside her bed still looking pretty bashed up from the raid.

"Coming to meet your baby niece?" Rose questioned but she knew the answer.

I walked to her and scooped that precious little girl in my arms. She was so tiny and had these cute baby cheeks.