{57}

Chapter {57}

Damon Mortimer:

Things had been very different over the past few months. It was as if I had entered a parallel universe filled with weddings plans, booking venues, buying suits, picking cake and songs and whether the church looks churchy enough.

Helping for Rose's wedding was fun, heck even Wolf's wedding was easier than organising my own. Emrys has been on high stress and has refused to let Aj go back to his school so we have put him in the same place as Luke since that has much higher security than the other place he was in. The transition will be difficult when he goes back after the summer holidays but at least he will have Luke to play with and being in that school will give both myself and my sunshine peace of mind that our boy is safe.

"Damon? Are you going to join us at the florist to pick the flowers?" my mother asked as she walked into the living room followed by Emrys with Rory in her arms.

I ignored her and made a B-line for my daughter having not held her for a while. I took her from my sunshine's arms and took her in mine making her let out little gurgles. Rhys just smiled at how eager I was to hold Aurora.

"Damon? Are you coming or not? We have a schedule to follow here, the wedding is next month." mum snapped a little impatiently.

Love my mother as I do but when she gets into wedding planning mode she stopped being so loving and caring. I was advised by dad to stay as far away from her as I dared to escape her wrath. As far as I was concerned my part of participation in this wedding was done, I have my suit, the rings, I helped chose the venue, food and cake. The rest is up to my future wife as to what she wants for her day. As long as she is happy then I will be too.

"I'll stay home and baby Ro and finish on some work. If you want I can also swing by Rose's and pick up Aj, later on, saves you going to that side of town." I suggested, taking my seat on the sofa again.

Mum just nodded and look Emrys by the arm pulling her to the door as she started to ramble on about wedding plans with my girl.

I just chuckle lowly taking my phone out to text Emrys good luck for today.

I still can't believe the wedding is so close and there is still a lot to do. This wedding was meant to be small, just close family but as the new leader of the gang when dad officially fully stands down it's up to me to keep the peace between all the other gangs around and keep deals rolling it. It's even more important now that Wolfgang is spending more time in Ireland taking care of Freyah's family affairs and Carter was always more inclined to stay away in Russia and sort mum's side out rather than here. A lot was standing on this wedding which made the whole ordeal that happened with Jeremy a lot more concerning. I have gotten news that he was making a name for himself outside of the racing world. In any normal context, this wouldn't bother me but he has made contact with Emrys many time to try and get Aj and that does not bode well with me. He is up to something and is definitely not alone in his plans.

The past year has been very difficult for me. Since I got my memory back I have been remembering a lot more than just the memories I had lost with Emrys. I was remembering a lot of childhood memories that I had forgotten over the years like when I fell off my bike and cut my leg open in the process, falling off the climbing frame and breaking my arm when I was eight, random things like that but these memories were from further back. Most weren't clear, just blurred images that didn't make much sense, however, there was one I was certain of, one person, my birth mother.

I never had much attachment to the life I had before Everleigh and Asher rescued and adopted me and I was always very grateful of that because to me they are my parents and all my living memories are with them and no one else as far as parent figures go, but now all I see is that woman that gave birth to me, everywhere I go I feel like I see her. I haven't spoken to any one of these resurfaced images, to me they are irrelevant to the life I lead now, though it seems that I cannot get past this, I know she is still out there somewhere and knowing that is holding me back for some reason.