{50}

Chapter {50}

Asher Mortimer:

I was sat in my office waiting for this meeting to be over. I was tired, I missed my wife and didn't want to deal with such stupidity this early in the morning.

"You, with the glasses." I interrupted Wolfgang that was discussing his club and it's expansion.

"Me?" glasses spoke up.

"Yeah, you. Go to the corner of 7th and get me a brownie from the Sugar Plum, ta." I ordered.

My present sons and Annora all looked at me a little funny.

"I'm sorry does anyone wants anything?" they all just shook their heads no.

"They make the best brownies, that's how I met your mother." I leaned into Annora who was sat beside me taking notes.

"Yes dad I know, everyone knows the story about how you and mum found each other. You always tell it when you get a brownie." Annora spoke back with a sigh.

I pulled back with a grin.

"And you will be hearing that story until the end of time. Without that brownie, none of you would be here." I sassed and crossed my arms over my chest.

The groans from Wolf, Annora and Alex just make me chuckle under my breath before I sent glasses to get what I ordered.

"Sorry Wolfie, please continue." I waved my hand to my son.

"I don't like you when mum is not around." he looked a little disturbed and shifted his gaze back to the number sheets that Rose had drawn up for him.

The meeting continues but I felt a little better knowing that I had my brownie and was texting Everleigh even if she was in Russia with Carter and she was most likely very tired, I still couldn't help but make sure she and my son were doing fine. As I was sending a cat video to my Angel I got a notification from the security cameras from Emrys' old apartment. I pulled up the footage and saw that she was getting a lot of deliveries. As I took a closer look it was a pram, crib, changing table and whatever else a baby needs. I found it very odd as to why she got all the things she needed for the baby to hers, I don't see why it hasn't all come to the house. I continued to check on Emrys through the videos and make sure she and Aj are safe.

I waited a little longer, just making sure that Emrys was fine and for the meeting to end before I headed over to see her. I made sure the kids knew what they were doing and giving them a list of stuff they need to do and reminded them of the family dinner tonight before I headed off to Emrys' apartment.

I walked in without major struggle into the building and headed to her apartment. I knocked on the door but she didn't answer. I tried opening the door to find it open. I rolled my eyes at how unsafe that was and was going to tell her off about leaving the front door open. I made my way through the living room into the corridor, trying to see in what room she's in. I followed the noise and found Emrys sat on the floor of her bedroom in a corner surrounded by a crib in the middle of being built. I could see her struggle with setting the sides up, screws all over the floor around her. I could tell that she was on the verge of tears.

"Emrys? You alright my darling?" I spoke softly to her as I stepped further into the room.

She turned over her shoulder, tears brimming in her eyes.

"Honey, what's the matter?" I asked not wanting to see her cry.

She took in a deep breath and just burst into tears. I took my jacket off and sat on the ground beside her and took her into my arms.