{34}

Chapter {34}

Damon Mortimer:

I sat on the garden bench watching my sunshine play with Luke, Aj all while holding baby Leora in her arms very gently while they were all sat on the floor surrounded by roses.

I smiled just thinking about having more children with her, while this amazing woman and in this moment I knew I was the luckiest man on the face of the planet.

Her laughter mixed with the kids' ones as she played along with them, Aj and Luke seemed to be getting along very nicely which was always nice to see. Lloyd was at school and Roro and Kenny boy were out for a much-needed couple time. So here we were at my parents' house in the rose garden watching over the kids. Emrys had a day off and was going to spend it on revising but I dragged her away from her books for some family time, plus mum invited us over and I can't say no to her.

"Stop staring baby boy, it's creepy." I heard my mother's voice coming from behind me scaring me half to death.

"Jesus mum! Don't creep up on me like that." I exclaimed.

"Then stop being a peeping Tom. Your father did the same with me all the time and still does. It was sweet at first but now it's obsessive." she shivered.

"Angel stop talking shit. Let the boy use his eyes as he pleases." Dad's voice came from the door as mum sat next to me.

"Stop listening in on to my conversations Asher." Mum shot back.

"Oh sure because you don't listen to mine." he sassed back coming to join us in the garden.

"Pfff. No, unlike you mister." she teased.

"Alright, that's it," Dad grumbled and scooped mum off from the bench taking both her and me by surprise.

He threw her over his shoulder and started marching off over to the pool further away from the rose garden. The mixed laughing and yelling caught the attention of the littles and Emrys. She stood up still with baby in her arms and held onto Aj's hand as she made her way to us with Luke in tow.

"What is your father doing to your mother?" Emrys asked coming to my side.

"The usual. They annoy each other until they can't stand it anymore. Since us kids grew up they come up with new ways to entertain themselves" I commented seeing that my dad threw mum in the pool the splash heard moments after.

"Keeps thing interesting."

I kissed the top of my girl's head and took Luke in my arms on one side and Aj stayed holding his mother's hand. Leora was gazing up at me with her bright blue eyes, giving me small smiles as she held firmly onto a strand of Emrys' blonde locks.

Soon my mum appeared drenched from head to toe with my dad trying to hold back his laughter behind her.

"I hate you, Asher." She said over her shoulder making dad break out into hysterics.

"Oh shush, you love me. This is payback for the knives you threw at me, I loved that painting." he wiped the tear of laughter at the side of his eyes giving the five of us a cheeky grin following mum back inside.

"Your family never ceases to amaze me," Emrys commented taking a seat on the bench and cradled Leora closer to her chest letting go of Aj's hand.

I sat next to her and let Luke down so that he and Aj could go run around the garden for a while before lunch came on the table.

"You are part of this family so you better get used to it sunshine." I placed my arm behind her on the bench peering down at my niece.

"She smells like new baby. I'm addicted." Emrys commented taking another whiff of the baby's head.