{27}

Chapter {27}

Damon Mortimer:

Emrys has been silent. She has been keeping to herself, taking more on-calls at the hospital, doing 26h shifts and keeping as far away from the house as she can.

When she gets home she goes straight to bed, sleeps and repeats her day. Aj just stays in his little bubble at school, I take him to the garage when Rhys does those long shifts to keep him distracted.

"Hey Sunshine," I called over my shoulder hearing Emrys walk through the front door.

She put her bag down on the floor, her keys on the table and walked straight into her bedroom. I followed her in seeing her start to shrug her clothes off and get ready to sleep. Aj was at school since it was midday and Rhys just came home from a night shift.

"How was your day?" I questioned leaning against the door frame.

"Okay," she mumbled slipping her scrubs off and putting on some joggers and a hoodie of mine.

"Did you eat anything today?" I asked next taking a step forward.

"Look, Damon. I'm tired and all I want to do is sleep. I have had a long night with a lot of consults and I do not want to deal with your questions right now. Just leave, please." she snapped back getting back out of the bed.

"Why have you been ignoring me? No scratch that, why have you been ignoring your own son?" I shot back my anger rising.

"Don't you dare bring Aj into this. I am a doctor and saving people's lives is what I do. Since I have met you I have not been at that hospital as much, I haven't been me and now all my life has turned upside down because of you. I have exams coming up and I do not need you and your family to stay away from me and my son. Everything is your fault, all of you." she accused.

"I lost everything because of you," she whispered out.

"Emrys–" I came closer to her, holding her arm to bring her into a hug.

"No Damon. Leave. I can't face you right now because all I can think about is your parents and when I think about your parents I think about how I don't have my dad and it's their fault."

"It's their fault," she repeated and ended up in tears.

"Emrys, please." I tried gripping onto her arm a little more strongly.

"Just leave Damon. I'll pick Aj up from school later. Just leave me alone." she begged, tears streaming down her cheeks making my heart ache.

"Go." she gently pried my hand off her arm and pushed me away.

I took a deep breath and nodded my head in agreement. She needs her space and time to heal and process all this information before we can step forward.

"I'll ring you later to check up on you. Take care love." with that I walked out of that room and that house.

I knew what I needed to do for her and I knew just the man to do it but first, she needs to sleep her day off and get all the rest she deserves after her shift.

******************

Paul Jackson:

I was in the tech room teaching Amelia how to hack into a simple database to see if she was paying attention to what I had been teaching her the past few years when the door to the dark room opened up in a haste.

"Paul I need to talk to you, right now." Damon all but growled out.

He is so much like Asher it almost makes me want to roll my eyes.