{1}

Emrys above (Blake Lively)

Emrys Belle:

My day begins with the dreadful alarm clock. I mean who in their right mind would invent such an instrument of torture?!

But I need to wake up because anyway in about five, four, three, two, one.

"Mommy!" and there it is.

"Morning my beautiful baby boy. How did you sleep?" I questioned my three-year-old son AJ.

"Good mama. Air spaceships and dinos!!" He squeaked excitedly about the dreams he had. I couldn't help but giggle at his cuteness.

After another five minutes of morning cuddles I get up and make breakfast for the both of us and after we both got ready. Him for playgroup and me for my work at the hospital.

I work as a doctor at the hospital in hopes of specialising in heart surgery since I am in my final year of med school I still need to take classes even if I will graduate early because of my good grades.  I do hope that I achieve that goal just to prove everyone that said that 'a single 25-year-old mom can't do that' wrong.

I made the mistake to fall in love with a boy that I thought loved me back but in reality, only used me, cheated on me, dumped me and kicked me out leaving me to fend for myself when being pregnant with his child. Soooo yeah. The story of my love life. But in no way do I regret keeping AJ.

He was a true blessing and he has such a character, he really keeps me on my toes and he is just overall a joy to raise even if he has the occasional temper tantrum.
I was also very lucky to have kept in a safe place all the money I made when I was younger as well as my inheritance when my grandparents died because if not I would have been in a worse situation than I am now.

I dropped AJ to his playgroup then I was off to the hospital that wasn't very far from there. I said good morning to Gladis at the reception and then changed into my scrubs and went to go check on my patients and do the 8 o'clock medecin round.

After my long day at work taking care of my patients, attending two operations and had a group study in the hospital it was finally time for me to pick up my little man, eat then head to class once more.

I got back from the nursery and luckily I've got a deal with one of the carers to keep Aj there till 7 pm, that's when my first shift ends so that I don't have to pay ludicrous amounts of extra money for a babysitter. I mean, I do pay her more to keep Aj but not as much as I should a babysitter and besides, he isn't the only kid with parents that have really late hours.

After dinner, I get myself ready for my evening classes and I usually take Aj with me since I don't have anybody to take care of him that isn't like at a 2-hour drive from here. My teacher is super nice and lets me take him. He set up a little sofa in the back of the class so that Aj can sleep while I work.

I got our stuff and was out the door with a very sleepy Aj in my arms. We were coming up to late November so it was starting to get a little chilly. Aj was wrapped in his coat and a blanket that I take with me for him. I was in skinny jeans, big hoodie and my coat with a pair of worn out trainers.

I was walking down the usual path to go to the school that I have my lessons in. It was a dark and cold evening and it was a lot more quiet than usual.

I walked passed an alley and there were shots that rung. Aj woke up and I ran to the nearest place that I could hide behind: a dumpster. Not the greatest place because of the smell but it will have to do for the time being.

I waited about ten mins hugging Aj closer to my chest and listening to see if anything else was happening. I could hear in a distance the sound of people fighting and luckily no more bullet sounds.